Monday, November 11, 2013

Whoa! Where did the time go??

I cannot believe it has been over a month since I sat down to blog.  That just tells you we have not been doing a lot.  No, that is not true, I just have not been taking pictures or writing.  I do have a few sky pictures:

DSC_0241DSC_0242DSC_0249DSC_0072

Such gorgeous sunsets and sunrises here.

We have had a few soccer games and football games but the season is over.  Zachary starts basketball if he makes the team.  If he does not make the team, he will be in off season doing weight lifting.  Zane will probably play Y basketball but that will not be until January. 

A couple of Zachary’s last games…

10-28-13 Zachary football 0610-28-13 Zachary football 2110-28-13 Zachary football 23DSC_0200DSC_0206His signature mark – pink socks and orange shoes.  Making a stand for breast cancer awareness.DSC_0207DSC_0217

For some reason we just cannot get off our duff to travel anywhere.  Ross blames me and I blame him but it is pretty much laziness.  He has been really busy looking for a “new” trailer.  The boys don’t want us to get one as that would mean doing away with the bunk beds.  Believe me, they feel that trailer is half theirs. 

And I really feel we need to spend money here and Christmas is coming.  We did put siding on the back of our garage.  So that project is done.  It means all of the house is now covered with decent siding.  Yah!!  I want very much to paint the living room, kitchen, dining room and front bathroom.  As soon as I buy the repair stuff and paint I will get Ross right on it.  Ha.  I really want new cabinets for the kitchen but not sure I want to let loose of that kind of money.  We’ll see.

Ross bought a new to him guitar and amp.  He has never had an electric guitar but does have three acoustic and a bass and bass amp.  Don’t you think that means I need to go buy me a new iPhone and an iPad?  Yep, me too.  going to do the iPad by the end of the month I think when the new mini comes out.  IPhone I need to do soon as Zachary will get my iPhone 4.  He and Kathleen still have iPhone 3!!  Gosh do they really need the upgrade.  However, Zachary is not due an upgrade until August and we just are not going to spend $250+. Better just to give him mine.  And I will get the new iPhone 5S.

Zane had a Veteran’s Day Program at school today.  We try to go every year.  So moving.  I do cry at Taps.  And this year the student body sang it and two bugles played it.  Wow!

Getting seated.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 0211-11-13 Vet Day Zane 03Select 4th graders get to speak.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 0611-11-13 Vet Day Zane 07And the whole school sang and waved flags.  Very cool.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 09Our honored speaker, Don Ricks.  He did a great job.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 10Randall High School band was excellent.  I don’t have a picture but there was a gentleman who played the bagpipes, love bagpipes, and then later joined one of the girls from the band on their trumpets for taps.  I think I told you that was AWESOME!11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 11The gentleman in the had served in World War II and Korea.  Wow!11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 1211-11-13 Vet Day Zane 13I find the presenting of our veterans so moving!  Especially the WWII and Korean vets.  There are just not many left.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 1411-11-13 Vet Day Zane 15Even the kids were paying attention – I think.  I look forward to all the programs we get to attend.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 18

What else?  Hmmmm.  Oh, Halloween was quiet.  The boys went to the church for their Halloween fest but Kathleen sent me a picture of the nerd and the ghost.  Cute.

IMG_2517IMG_2518

OK, I quit.  Can’t think what else you might want to hear.  Maybe we will get it in gear and go somewhere in January.  My rule is I will  not be gone for Thanksgiving or Christmas so you know we won’t be gone then.  Thanks for visiting.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Whoa! Where did the time go??

I cannot believe it has been over a month since I sat down to blog.  That just tells you we have not been doing a lot.  No, that is not true, I just have not been taking pictures or writing.  I do have a few sky pictures:

DSC_0241DSC_0242DSC_0249DSC_0072

Such gorgeous sunsets and sunrises here.

We have had a few soccer games and football games but the season is over.  Zachary starts basketball if he makes the team.  If he does not make the team, he will be in off season doing weight lifting.  Zane will probably play Y basketball but that will not be until January. 

A couple of Zachary’s last games…

10-28-13 Zachary football 0610-28-13 Zachary football 2110-28-13 Zachary football 23DSC_0200DSC_0206His signature mark – pink socks and orange shoes.  Making a stand for breast cancer awareness.DSC_0207DSC_0217

For some reason we just cannot get off our duff to travel anywhere.  Ross blames me and I blame him but it is pretty much laziness.  He has been really busy looking for a “new” trailer.  The boys don’t want us to get one as that would mean doing away with the bunk beds.  Believe me, they feel that trailer is half theirs. 

And I really feel we need to spend money here and Christmas is coming.  We did put siding on the back of our garage.  So that project is done.  It means all of the house is now covered with decent siding.  Yah!!  I want very much to paint the living room, kitchen, dining room and front bathroom.  As soon as I buy the repair stuff and paint I will get Ross right on it.  Ha.  I really want new cabinets for the kitchen but not sure I want to let loose of that kind of money.  We’ll see.

Ross bought a new to him guitar and amp.  He has never had an electric guitar but does have three acoustic and a bass and bass amp.  Don’t you think that means I need to go buy me a new iPhone and an iPad?  Yep, me too.  going to do the iPad by the end of the month I think when the new mini comes out.  IPhone I need to do soon as Zachary will get my iPhone 4.  He and Kathleen still have iPhone 3!!  Gosh do they really need the upgrade.  However, Zachary is not due an upgrade until August and we just are not going to spend $250+. Better just to give him mine.  And I will get the new iPhone 5S.

Zane had a Veteran’s Day Program at school today.  We try to go every year.  So moving.  I do cry at Taps.  And this year the student body sang it and two bugles played it.  Wow!

Getting seated.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 0211-11-13 Vet Day Zane 03Select 4th graders get to speak.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 0611-11-13 Vet Day Zane 07And the whole school sang and waved flags.  Very cool.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 09Our honored speaker, Don Ricks.  He did a great job.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 10Randall High School band was excellent.  I don’t have a picture but there was a gentleman who played the bagpipes, love bagpipes, and then later joined one of the girls from the band on their trumpets for taps.  I think I told you that was AWESOME!11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 11The gentleman in the had served in World War II and Korea.  Wow!11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 1211-11-13 Vet Day Zane 13I find the presenting of our veterans so moving!  Especially the WWII and Korean vets.  There are just not many left.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 1411-11-13 Vet Day Zane 15Even the kids were paying attention – I think.  I look forward to all the programs we get to attend.11-11-13 Vet Day Zane 18

What else?  Hmmmm.  Oh, Halloween was quiet.  The boys went to the church for their Halloween fest but Kathleen sent me a picture of the nerd and the ghost.  Cute.

IMG_2517IMG_2518

OK, I quit.  Can’t think what else you might want to hear.  Maybe we will get it in gear and go somewhere in January.  My rule is I will  not be gone for Thanksgiving or Christmas so you know we won’t be gone then.  Thanks for visiting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!