Friday, November 29, 2013

Thanksgiving for another year

Thanksgiving was really kind of calm and quiet.  And I was a really bad photographer.  I only took some pictures of the boys pulling the wishbone, a Thanksgiving tradition.  There were only seven of us: Sarah (our niece), Kathleen, Mike, Zachary, Zane, Ross and me. 

The food was fantastic and of course there was too much.  Turkey, dressing, cranberry, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, orange salad, black olives, gravy.  What did I miss?  Well pies for one thing of course.  Pumpkin and pecan.  Sarah brought a great red wine.  It really was a nice day, beautiful weather.  We even had to open a couple of windows toward the end. 

Kathleen jumped right in after we were done and cleaned up!  I know she had to change the dishwater once.  I did the drying but was soooo thankful for the cleanup.  I did not have to face that after everyone left.

So, I am thankful for family and sharing another Thanksgiving.

OK, so pictures of the boy pulling the wishbone.  Zachary and I started this tradition when he was very small.  Then when Zane got old enough, we let the two of them pull it.  And it continues…

You know, next year, someone remind me to wash the wishbone.  It was slippery!!!11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 03So they pulled…11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 0511-28-13 pulling the wishbone 09And pulled…11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 18I don’t think they ever had a clean break and a clear winner so it became a tie.  All in good fun.11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 19

The boys usually stay with us on Tuesday night since there is no school on Wednesday.  They have gotten old enough to stay home but asked to come stay this year.  I think the ulterior motive was food – they like to have someone feed them!  Don’t we all.

Anyway, Ross has a new guitar and amp and the boys liked acting like rock stars.  I got a picture of Zane playing but not Zachary and he refused to go pose for me with the guitar.  Teenagers.  But I got a picture of him anyway.

11-27-13 boys 0111-27-13 boys 0211-27-13 boys 03

Thanks for visiting.  I so hope everyone had a very blessed Thanksgiving.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanksgiving for another year

Thanksgiving was really kind of calm and quiet.  And I was a really bad photographer.  I only took some pictures of the boys pulling the wishbone, a Thanksgiving tradition.  There were only seven of us: Sarah (our niece), Kathleen, Mike, Zachary, Zane, Ross and me. 

The food was fantastic and of course there was too much.  Turkey, dressing, cranberry, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, orange salad, black olives, gravy.  What did I miss?  Well pies for one thing of course.  Pumpkin and pecan.  Sarah brought a great red wine.  It really was a nice day, beautiful weather.  We even had to open a couple of windows toward the end. 

Kathleen jumped right in after we were done and cleaned up!  I know she had to change the dishwater once.  I did the drying but was soooo thankful for the cleanup.  I did not have to face that after everyone left.

So, I am thankful for family and sharing another Thanksgiving.

OK, so pictures of the boy pulling the wishbone.  Zachary and I started this tradition when he was very small.  Then when Zane got old enough, we let the two of them pull it.  And it continues…

You know, next year, someone remind me to wash the wishbone.  It was slippery!!!11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 03So they pulled…11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 0511-28-13 pulling the wishbone 09And pulled…11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 18I don’t think they ever had a clean break and a clear winner so it became a tie.  All in good fun.11-28-13 pulling the wishbone 19

The boys usually stay with us on Tuesday night since there is no school on Wednesday.  They have gotten old enough to stay home but asked to come stay this year.  I think the ulterior motive was food – they like to have someone feed them!  Don’t we all.

Anyway, Ross has a new guitar and amp and the boys liked acting like rock stars.  I got a picture of Zane playing but not Zachary and he refused to go pose for me with the guitar.  Teenagers.  But I got a picture of him anyway.

11-27-13 boys 0111-27-13 boys 0211-27-13 boys 03

Thanks for visiting.  I so hope everyone had a very blessed Thanksgiving.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!