Saturday, July 7, 2012

Traveling the highway on the motorcycle

We took a little trip this morning on the motorcycle.  First we dropped off some lawn chairs at my cousin’s house then started toward Silverton.  There is some really pretty country that way but for ME it was a long ride.  I usually only take short excursions on the back of the bike.  I think he is trying to get me to let him buy a bigger nicer bike so he made me ride further.  Not working.

This was a long winding road from Pullman Road and on and on through farm and ranch land.  Made me want to move to a place in the middle of nowhere.  However, it did get long from the back of that motorcycle.  Ever hear of “butt buzz”.  I can see the driver enjoying the road and having fun on the curves but the passenger gets a little – ok a whole lot – bored.  You cannot do anything from there.  Very little picture taking, no playing on the phone, and not much of a view except AROUND the helmet in front of you.  I did listen to a book but still found it a little long. 

From a little pull out/picnic area I took some pictures of the canyon.  07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 09    07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 01 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 02 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 03 Really lovely views.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 04 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 06 We were going to go on to Lake MacKenzie but decided to head back home and save that for later.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 07 See those clouds?  Really puffy.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 08 These next few pictures I took somewhere near Wayside with my iPhone.  From the back of the motorcycle at 60+ mph.  07-07-12 from mc near Wayside 2I just loved the look of those clouds over the open country.07-07-12 from mc near Wayside 3Like cotton floating.

1 Click here to comment!:

Pippy said...

I love your photos, you are very talented.

-Pippy

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Traveling the highway on the motorcycle

We took a little trip this morning on the motorcycle.  First we dropped off some lawn chairs at my cousin’s house then started toward Silverton.  There is some really pretty country that way but for ME it was a long ride.  I usually only take short excursions on the back of the bike.  I think he is trying to get me to let him buy a bigger nicer bike so he made me ride further.  Not working.

This was a long winding road from Pullman Road and on and on through farm and ranch land.  Made me want to move to a place in the middle of nowhere.  However, it did get long from the back of that motorcycle.  Ever hear of “butt buzz”.  I can see the driver enjoying the road and having fun on the curves but the passenger gets a little – ok a whole lot – bored.  You cannot do anything from there.  Very little picture taking, no playing on the phone, and not much of a view except AROUND the helmet in front of you.  I did listen to a book but still found it a little long. 

From a little pull out/picnic area I took some pictures of the canyon.  07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 09    07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 01 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 02 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 03 Really lovely views.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 04 07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 06 We were going to go on to Lake MacKenzie but decided to head back home and save that for later.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 07 See those clouds?  Really puffy.07-07-12 mc ride near Silverton 08 These next few pictures I took somewhere near Wayside with my iPhone.  From the back of the motorcycle at 60+ mph.  07-07-12 from mc near Wayside 2I just loved the look of those clouds over the open country.07-07-12 from mc near Wayside 3Like cotton floating.

1 comments:

Pippy said...

I love your photos, you are very talented.

-Pippy

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!