Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Spiffing up a little

We have been doing a little spiffing up around here.  Last fall we put siding on one end of the garage and recently we put siding on the other end of the garage.  Eventually we will get to the back. 

Our outside patio table was a glass top and got broken a few years ago.  We put a piece of plywood on the top, varnished and used it.  Well I got it in my head, due to my daughter’s suggestion, to put tile on the top.  I mentioned it to Ross and off we went to get it done.

These are in the process before we decided on the pattern.  I did not show all the other part of Ross putting down the cement board and attaching it to the frame and reinforcing the frame.  That table is not going anywhere!  It was all we could do to move it to the backyard.03-04-12 working on table 01 03-04-12 working on table 02 03-04-12 working on table 03 03-04-12 working on table 06 Finally we got them down, grouted, and sealed!04-03-12 table 1  Finished with a few rain drops.04-03-12 table 3 Next I mentioned that I wanted to paint my back door red.  I just wanted a splash of color.  Ross wanted it more orange but I nixed that really quickly and picked out the paint and we painted.  Three coats later, the back door.       04-03-12 new red doors 2  Of course, that just made  me want to paint the front door.  04-03-12 new red doors 5

Next, Ross is planning on putting pavers on the top of the flower beds next to the porch and maybe on the porch top.  Oh, and gardening time is fast approaching…

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Spiffing up a little

We have been doing a little spiffing up around here.  Last fall we put siding on one end of the garage and recently we put siding on the other end of the garage.  Eventually we will get to the back. 

Our outside patio table was a glass top and got broken a few years ago.  We put a piece of plywood on the top, varnished and used it.  Well I got it in my head, due to my daughter’s suggestion, to put tile on the top.  I mentioned it to Ross and off we went to get it done.

These are in the process before we decided on the pattern.  I did not show all the other part of Ross putting down the cement board and attaching it to the frame and reinforcing the frame.  That table is not going anywhere!  It was all we could do to move it to the backyard.03-04-12 working on table 01 03-04-12 working on table 02 03-04-12 working on table 03 03-04-12 working on table 06 Finally we got them down, grouted, and sealed!04-03-12 table 1  Finished with a few rain drops.04-03-12 table 3 Next I mentioned that I wanted to paint my back door red.  I just wanted a splash of color.  Ross wanted it more orange but I nixed that really quickly and picked out the paint and we painted.  Three coats later, the back door.       04-03-12 new red doors 2  Of course, that just made  me want to paint the front door.  04-03-12 new red doors 5

Next, Ross is planning on putting pavers on the top of the flower beds next to the porch and maybe on the porch top.  Oh, and gardening time is fast approaching…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!