Sunday, February 26, 2012

Soccer and soccer etiquette

Not really.  Did I get your attention?  Well you will see what I kind of mean on soccer etiquette. 

I know you get tired of those grandsons, Zachary and Zane, and their soccer but I just had to share some pictures from today.   Zachary is not fast but he seems to always know where the ball is and is a great on field coach.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 05 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 10 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 15 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 22You know how it is with parents, grandparents, anyone watching any kind of sport – we are all refs and the real refs are always messing up.  And this game had lots and lots of tripping by the other team.  I kid you not!  The refs called several but they missed so many!  I am not just whining.  Ask the others that were there!

So here is Zachary, taking the ball.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 28  Notice the kid looking down at Zachary’s feet.  (I drew this pretty arrow to show you the direction.)  Zachary has stripped the ball and is going…02-26-12 Zachary soccer 302Well, we can’t have that happen!  Trip.  Now, I grant you, I did not see this one happen at the time.  I just thought Zachary tripped on the ball.  This I started looking at the pictures I took.  I tend to click click click a bunch in succession when Zachary is working a ball.  This was just ONE of the many tripping calls that was missed today.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 312    And this is the end result of that tripping.  Down on the ground and the ball was taken by the other team.  Sad.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 32But Zachary continued to fight for it.  And we did end up winning the game 4-2.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 33 Zachary had an indoor game right after the outdoor. He plays goalie every game for indoor.DSC_4973 And Zane.  He was so happy playing with his friends.  Indoor and out.02-26-12 Zane 01 02-26-12 Zane 02 02-26-12 Zane 10 Beautiful day and I love watching these boys grow.

1 Click here to comment!:

Chris said...

Hi Becky, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Soccer and soccer etiquette

Not really.  Did I get your attention?  Well you will see what I kind of mean on soccer etiquette. 

I know you get tired of those grandsons, Zachary and Zane, and their soccer but I just had to share some pictures from today.   Zachary is not fast but he seems to always know where the ball is and is a great on field coach.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 05 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 10 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 15 02-26-12 Zachary soccer 22You know how it is with parents, grandparents, anyone watching any kind of sport – we are all refs and the real refs are always messing up.  And this game had lots and lots of tripping by the other team.  I kid you not!  The refs called several but they missed so many!  I am not just whining.  Ask the others that were there!

So here is Zachary, taking the ball.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 28  Notice the kid looking down at Zachary’s feet.  (I drew this pretty arrow to show you the direction.)  Zachary has stripped the ball and is going…02-26-12 Zachary soccer 302Well, we can’t have that happen!  Trip.  Now, I grant you, I did not see this one happen at the time.  I just thought Zachary tripped on the ball.  This I started looking at the pictures I took.  I tend to click click click a bunch in succession when Zachary is working a ball.  This was just ONE of the many tripping calls that was missed today.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 312    And this is the end result of that tripping.  Down on the ground and the ball was taken by the other team.  Sad.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 32But Zachary continued to fight for it.  And we did end up winning the game 4-2.02-26-12 Zachary soccer 33 Zachary had an indoor game right after the outdoor. He plays goalie every game for indoor.DSC_4973 And Zane.  He was so happy playing with his friends.  Indoor and out.02-26-12 Zane 01 02-26-12 Zane 02 02-26-12 Zane 10 Beautiful day and I love watching these boys grow.

1 comments:

Chris said...

Hi Becky, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!