Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving

I was a little remiss this year with picture taking.  Not sure why, just lazy I guess.  But the day before was filled with cooking so maybe I was tired. Not! 

Really, the boys and I made four pies and the dressing the day before Thanksgiving.  And Mike was smoking the turkey so that was one less thing to do.  The cabbage (yes a family tradition is cooked cabbage) did not have to be made until Thanksgiving morning.

So, two chocolate pies made with help from Zachary:

DSC_4567Uh, new can of cocoa became a bit of a challenge. DSC_4568

Then Zane helped with two pumpkin pies. What you don’t see here is him putting the pumpkin in the bowl.  He would sling it out and some did hit the wall.  I think I did more cleaning than cooking.

DSC_4569DSC_4570

But we got it done!  And Thanksgiving day was full of lots of family fun.  Centerpieces thanks to my sisters!

DSC_4572DSC_4573DSC_4574And of course the annual wishbone pull.  This little booger was slippery and hard to break.DSC_4587DSC_4589DSC_4591I finally had to get in there and help pull!DSC_4596DSC_4598DSC_4600

OK, just noticed I do not have a picture of Kathleen.  How did that happen???  Well, next time.  Love family stuff.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanksgiving

I was a little remiss this year with picture taking.  Not sure why, just lazy I guess.  But the day before was filled with cooking so maybe I was tired. Not! 

Really, the boys and I made four pies and the dressing the day before Thanksgiving.  And Mike was smoking the turkey so that was one less thing to do.  The cabbage (yes a family tradition is cooked cabbage) did not have to be made until Thanksgiving morning.

So, two chocolate pies made with help from Zachary:

DSC_4567Uh, new can of cocoa became a bit of a challenge. DSC_4568

Then Zane helped with two pumpkin pies. What you don’t see here is him putting the pumpkin in the bowl.  He would sling it out and some did hit the wall.  I think I did more cleaning than cooking.

DSC_4569DSC_4570

But we got it done!  And Thanksgiving day was full of lots of family fun.  Centerpieces thanks to my sisters!

DSC_4572DSC_4573DSC_4574And of course the annual wishbone pull.  This little booger was slippery and hard to break.DSC_4587DSC_4589DSC_4591I finally had to get in there and help pull!DSC_4596DSC_4598DSC_4600

OK, just noticed I do not have a picture of Kathleen.  How did that happen???  Well, next time.  Love family stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!