Tuesday, September 20, 2011

FIRE!

That morning I was hoping to capture some great picture of the sunrise on my way to work.  So I put the camera in my car.  Good intentions but it was FOGGY!  No sunrise.

While sitting at the desk at work someone yelled “Come look!”.  There was a fire – huge, roaring – a few blocks from us.  We later found out it was a railroad car.  I ran to my car and grabbed the camera.  Just wish I could have gotten closer!Near work in downtown Amarilllo The smoke was so thick! They eventually evacuated everyone within a few blocks due to the chemicals in the area.Near work in downtown Amarilllo Near work in downtown Amarilllo   We still do not know what caused the explosion and fire.  It made for a very exciting Friday and an early day.

1 Click here to comment!:

Photographing Mom said...

Wow!! Amazing photos. Looks like quite the fire.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

FIRE!

That morning I was hoping to capture some great picture of the sunrise on my way to work.  So I put the camera in my car.  Good intentions but it was FOGGY!  No sunrise.

While sitting at the desk at work someone yelled “Come look!”.  There was a fire – huge, roaring – a few blocks from us.  We later found out it was a railroad car.  I ran to my car and grabbed the camera.  Just wish I could have gotten closer!Near work in downtown Amarilllo The smoke was so thick! They eventually evacuated everyone within a few blocks due to the chemicals in the area.Near work in downtown Amarilllo Near work in downtown Amarilllo   We still do not know what caused the explosion and fire.  It made for a very exciting Friday and an early day.

1 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Wow!! Amazing photos. Looks like quite the fire.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!