Sunday, July 10, 2011

Picture sharing on my blog

You know the main reason for my blog is to share pictures with friends and family.  I had stopped using a watermark on these photos when I lost all my settings in a computer crash.  Well, I am going back to the watermarks.  Apparently more and more photos shared on the web are being used by those that have no right to them.  Oh, I am not a professional photographer and lots of my photos are just family but they are still mine and I would like others to at least ask my permission to use them.  I am talking about people I do not even know, not my family and friends. 

It is easy to watermark photos on the blog posts but not so easy and fast when you share on Facebook.  Guess I will just have to get in the habit of editing my pictures prior to sharing.  Sigh.  So now I will have to put a watermark on my iPhone photos too!  Wow.  Just thought of that.  Better go see which program I have to use.  Hmmmm.

About a week ago we went to my cousin Amy’s house for a get together.  We had so much fun.  I still need to make her a copy of my photos!  Yikes.  Just remembered.  Sorry, Amy, I will get it done this week.  Promise.

Everyone brought side dishes and sweets.  Amy’s husband and others cooked out hamburgers and hot dogs.  And we shot the shotguns and we went land fishing.  Now that was a hoot!!!!

Amy set up the Wii so the boys were happy.DSC_2138 And we had a sweet baby to pass around.DSC_2139 DSC_2140 But the land fishing was just priceless…DSC_2145 DSC_2147 DSC_2148 DSC_2149 DSC_2150 DSC_2152 DSC_2155 Zane kept wanting to go back to it.DSC_2156 Mike and Zachary both got lessons on shooting.DSC_2164 DSC_2167 DSC_2174 DSC_2175 DSC_2176 DSC_2181 DSC_2182 And I tried.  Hah!DSC_2183 DSC_2190 DSC_2191 DSC_2192 And then the sheriff showed up.  Or at least deputies did.  It was reported from one of the truck stops that we were doing fireworks.  Nope.  Just good old fashioned shooting.DSC_2199 And one of the deputies was a friend of Kathleen and Mike’s.  He is the father of one of the soccer players on Zachary’s team.DSC_2201 DSC_2203 All was good.DSC_2204 So before the rain moved in we did a bit more “fishing”.DSC_2211 DSC_2213 DSC_2217 Even the baby!DSC_2224DSC_2226          Then we got clouds and rain…

07-03-11 sky 0107-03-11 sky 04 07-03-11 sky 05 07-03-11 sky 06  07-03-11 sky 03

4 Click here to comment!:

Photographing Mom said...

Looks like y'all had a WONDERFUL time!!

Janice Williams said...

I've started a new blog and I've been putting something on the photos there (of family) and making them too small to be of much use to people (like just 300 x 400)and sometimes putting writing on them. I am happy to share the true big file without writing on it with family members, but I don't want people just ripping it off without me knowing who got it. I worry about your pictures where someone could take them and recrop. Do you worry about that? There was a case recently of a fabulous shot of Lake Travis that had the signature cropped off (and beautiful parts of the picture, too) and it was blown up HUGE and was hanging at the airport. Big stink over stealing someone's work.

(Jen) scrapmommytn said...

Im afraid to even ask what land fishing is, lol! It looks like a fun day though. Im guessing fireworks arent allowed where you guys are?

Amanda Faith said...

Love the pictures. Such a cute family!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Picture sharing on my blog

You know the main reason for my blog is to share pictures with friends and family.  I had stopped using a watermark on these photos when I lost all my settings in a computer crash.  Well, I am going back to the watermarks.  Apparently more and more photos shared on the web are being used by those that have no right to them.  Oh, I am not a professional photographer and lots of my photos are just family but they are still mine and I would like others to at least ask my permission to use them.  I am talking about people I do not even know, not my family and friends. 

It is easy to watermark photos on the blog posts but not so easy and fast when you share on Facebook.  Guess I will just have to get in the habit of editing my pictures prior to sharing.  Sigh.  So now I will have to put a watermark on my iPhone photos too!  Wow.  Just thought of that.  Better go see which program I have to use.  Hmmmm.

About a week ago we went to my cousin Amy’s house for a get together.  We had so much fun.  I still need to make her a copy of my photos!  Yikes.  Just remembered.  Sorry, Amy, I will get it done this week.  Promise.

Everyone brought side dishes and sweets.  Amy’s husband and others cooked out hamburgers and hot dogs.  And we shot the shotguns and we went land fishing.  Now that was a hoot!!!!

Amy set up the Wii so the boys were happy.DSC_2138 And we had a sweet baby to pass around.DSC_2139 DSC_2140 But the land fishing was just priceless…DSC_2145 DSC_2147 DSC_2148 DSC_2149 DSC_2150 DSC_2152 DSC_2155 Zane kept wanting to go back to it.DSC_2156 Mike and Zachary both got lessons on shooting.DSC_2164 DSC_2167 DSC_2174 DSC_2175 DSC_2176 DSC_2181 DSC_2182 And I tried.  Hah!DSC_2183 DSC_2190 DSC_2191 DSC_2192 And then the sheriff showed up.  Or at least deputies did.  It was reported from one of the truck stops that we were doing fireworks.  Nope.  Just good old fashioned shooting.DSC_2199 And one of the deputies was a friend of Kathleen and Mike’s.  He is the father of one of the soccer players on Zachary’s team.DSC_2201 DSC_2203 All was good.DSC_2204 So before the rain moved in we did a bit more “fishing”.DSC_2211 DSC_2213 DSC_2217 Even the baby!DSC_2224DSC_2226          Then we got clouds and rain…

07-03-11 sky 0107-03-11 sky 04 07-03-11 sky 05 07-03-11 sky 06  07-03-11 sky 03

4 comments:

Photographing Mom said...

Looks like y'all had a WONDERFUL time!!

Janice Williams said...

I've started a new blog and I've been putting something on the photos there (of family) and making them too small to be of much use to people (like just 300 x 400)and sometimes putting writing on them. I am happy to share the true big file without writing on it with family members, but I don't want people just ripping it off without me knowing who got it. I worry about your pictures where someone could take them and recrop. Do you worry about that? There was a case recently of a fabulous shot of Lake Travis that had the signature cropped off (and beautiful parts of the picture, too) and it was blown up HUGE and was hanging at the airport. Big stink over stealing someone's work.

(Jen) scrapmommytn said...

Im afraid to even ask what land fishing is, lol! It looks like a fun day though. Im guessing fireworks arent allowed where you guys are?

Amanda Faith said...

Love the pictures. Such a cute family!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!