Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunrise and Daylight Savings Time

I took a couple of pictures of the sunrise this week and noticed that it is rising more to the north.  When I took pictures earlier this winter I noticed I could not see it as well – too many people think they need houses that direction.  Anyway, another sign of spring.  And Daylight Savings Time. 

A few years ago they changed the dates of Daylight Savings Time and added a few weeks.  This year we start on March 13, next weekend!  Our spring break starts that week also so I guess it will give the kids a chance to get used to it before heading back to school.  Sure was easier to remember when to set those clocks when it was “end of March” “end of October”.  And does everyone change the batteries in their smoke detectors by the time changes?  Hmmmm.  Just thought of that.

I took these first two going to work this week.  Grabbed my camera as I left the house just so I could get down the highway just a bit and pull over.  Surely others do this?03-03-11 sunrise 1

03-03-11 sunrise 3These were this morning.  From the backyard.03-06-11 Sunrise 3    03-06-11 Sunrise 1

03-06-11 Sunrise 2Yesterday I barely caught two in flight vehicles.  The sky was so blue and hardly any clouds.  Beautiful morning.   I think this one is a transport helicopter.  This is the noisy thing that directed my attention to the sky.03-05-11 in the sky 2And this is just a passenger airplane I saw as I was photographing the helicopter.  I was surprised by the contrail it left.  Usually those are made by the Air Force jets I think.  03-05-11 in the sky 5

1 Click here to comment!:

Screwed Up Texan said...

As always, great images. Re the contrails, I've seen those behind all sorts of airplanes from passenger jets to Air Force jets. I remember asking my great-grandma what those were when I was eight or nine and her telling me. Amazing the things we remember!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Sunrise and Daylight Savings Time

I took a couple of pictures of the sunrise this week and noticed that it is rising more to the north.  When I took pictures earlier this winter I noticed I could not see it as well – too many people think they need houses that direction.  Anyway, another sign of spring.  And Daylight Savings Time. 

A few years ago they changed the dates of Daylight Savings Time and added a few weeks.  This year we start on March 13, next weekend!  Our spring break starts that week also so I guess it will give the kids a chance to get used to it before heading back to school.  Sure was easier to remember when to set those clocks when it was “end of March” “end of October”.  And does everyone change the batteries in their smoke detectors by the time changes?  Hmmmm.  Just thought of that.

I took these first two going to work this week.  Grabbed my camera as I left the house just so I could get down the highway just a bit and pull over.  Surely others do this?03-03-11 sunrise 1

03-03-11 sunrise 3These were this morning.  From the backyard.03-06-11 Sunrise 3    03-06-11 Sunrise 1

03-06-11 Sunrise 2Yesterday I barely caught two in flight vehicles.  The sky was so blue and hardly any clouds.  Beautiful morning.   I think this one is a transport helicopter.  This is the noisy thing that directed my attention to the sky.03-05-11 in the sky 2And this is just a passenger airplane I saw as I was photographing the helicopter.  I was surprised by the contrail it left.  Usually those are made by the Air Force jets I think.  03-05-11 in the sky 5

1 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

As always, great images. Re the contrails, I've seen those behind all sorts of airplanes from passenger jets to Air Force jets. I remember asking my great-grandma what those were when I was eight or nine and her telling me. Amazing the things we remember!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!