Sunday, February 27, 2011

Dirty Wind!!

They predicted this wind for today.  Told us we would have sustained winds of 40 mph.  We  heard it.  And we have “hunkered down”.  OK, so I have gone outside to take pictures.  I mean,  ya gotta see this!

02-27-10 Dirty wind 01

02-27-10 Dirty wind 02

02-27-10 Dirty wind 03

02-27-10 Dirty wind 04

02-27-10 Dirty wind 05  02-27-10 Dirty wind 07

02-27-10 Dirty wind 08

02-27-10 Dirty wind 09

People, it is nasty out there.  And please, no burning.  Keep those hot cars off of the grass.  Keep the cigarettes in the car (quit smoking!).  No cooking out either.  There are several out of control grass fires out there now.  Scares me!

3 Click here to comment!:

TexaGermaNadian said...

Oh my goodness, cannot believe that wind! Hope you are inside and out of this mess :) Stopped over from Texas Blogging Gals!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com

Screwed Up Texan said...

It's a dust bowl! We had a dust storm like that a couple years ago. Had to get our roof replaced! I always love stopping by and looking at your images.

Sue said...

I wanted to see what the Panhandle looked like and I came across your blog. Delightful! You've given me a wonderful view of your part of the country; so very different than the northeast. I'm going to visit awhile!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dirty Wind!!

They predicted this wind for today.  Told us we would have sustained winds of 40 mph.  We  heard it.  And we have “hunkered down”.  OK, so I have gone outside to take pictures.  I mean,  ya gotta see this!

02-27-10 Dirty wind 01

02-27-10 Dirty wind 02

02-27-10 Dirty wind 03

02-27-10 Dirty wind 04

02-27-10 Dirty wind 05  02-27-10 Dirty wind 07

02-27-10 Dirty wind 08

02-27-10 Dirty wind 09

People, it is nasty out there.  And please, no burning.  Keep those hot cars off of the grass.  Keep the cigarettes in the car (quit smoking!).  No cooking out either.  There are several out of control grass fires out there now.  Scares me!

3 comments:

TexaGermaNadian said...

Oh my goodness, cannot believe that wind! Hope you are inside and out of this mess :) Stopped over from Texas Blogging Gals!
http://texagermanadian.blogspot.com

Screwed Up Texan said...

It's a dust bowl! We had a dust storm like that a couple years ago. Had to get our roof replaced! I always love stopping by and looking at your images.

Sue said...

I wanted to see what the Panhandle looked like and I came across your blog. Delightful! You've given me a wonderful view of your part of the country; so very different than the northeast. I'm going to visit awhile!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!