Friday, September 10, 2010

How does your garden grow?

My garden is on the downhill side.  VERY downhill.  I pulled all the black eyes and green beans.  Why, you ask?  Well they looked like crap and I think they may have either a fungus or something not good.  I pulled them up and will take them out of the garden this weekend to rot elsewhere – and not in the composter. 

Next year we will probably NOT have a garden.  We will let the land lay and maybe amend it and treat it.  We plan on going to Disney World the first couple of weeks of summer and that is the time you really need to be taking care of a garden.  It all works out well for me.  I will just visit the farmers’ market more often.

Here is my garden at this point.  The pumpkins look great, the cantaloupe are on their last lap, the the tomatoes are scrabbling for life.

I have had some problems just lately with something eating my flowers.  I finally resorted to sprinkling with Sevin powder.  They look awful!  But I will divide these hostas next year.  They were huge again this year.

The fall flowers are looking great and the butterflies and bees are buzzing around them.  We just need rain.

Zinnias – I love the zinnias. This is a type of sedum.  The insects are really buzzing around these. More zinnias.  These are the pinks. And zinnias up close. Even my roses are putting on blooms again. 

Soon I will not even have these.  Just brown stems, dropping seeds, ready for next year.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

How does your garden grow?

My garden is on the downhill side.  VERY downhill.  I pulled all the black eyes and green beans.  Why, you ask?  Well they looked like crap and I think they may have either a fungus or something not good.  I pulled them up and will take them out of the garden this weekend to rot elsewhere – and not in the composter. 

Next year we will probably NOT have a garden.  We will let the land lay and maybe amend it and treat it.  We plan on going to Disney World the first couple of weeks of summer and that is the time you really need to be taking care of a garden.  It all works out well for me.  I will just visit the farmers’ market more often.

Here is my garden at this point.  The pumpkins look great, the cantaloupe are on their last lap, the the tomatoes are scrabbling for life.

I have had some problems just lately with something eating my flowers.  I finally resorted to sprinkling with Sevin powder.  They look awful!  But I will divide these hostas next year.  They were huge again this year.

The fall flowers are looking great and the butterflies and bees are buzzing around them.  We just need rain.

Zinnias – I love the zinnias. This is a type of sedum.  The insects are really buzzing around these. More zinnias.  These are the pinks. And zinnias up close. Even my roses are putting on blooms again. 

Soon I will not even have these.  Just brown stems, dropping seeds, ready for next year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!