Thursday, May 6, 2010

Quick update of the last couple of weeks

I know! I neglected my blog last week.  This is spring and that means lots of work going on outside.  The garden had to be tilled, tilled, and tilled.  Then hoed into rows.

Tomato cages are on the left.  We put them over the fence posts this year to keep them from blowing over.  They blow over EVERY year no matter how many stakes I put in them so this year Ross suggested this approach.  I think it will work!

05-04-10 Garden new 2I planted three rows of blackeyed peas and three rows of green beans and put the rows far enough apart so we can till between to try to keep the bindweed down.  05-04-10 Garden new 3 Next trip to Lowe’s I will buy one of those handy dandy weed thing.  Oh, yeah, cultivator.

Fiskars Extended Reach Telescoping CultivatorAnyway, the right side of the garden has the cantaloupe and one hill of pumpkin.  Just for fun.05-04-10 Garden new 1Today I finished putting in the tomatoes and got the hoses all laid out and started watering.  Come on rain.  The tomato cages have a fabric over them because we have lots of wind here.  Duh! And tomatoes get lots of airborne viruses and stuff.  This protects them from hail, too.

DSC02462 DSC02463Let’s see.  What else?  Pretty calm.  We have been to OKC to look at trailers and found one we want just can’t get Ross to let go of the money!  So we are still debating it.

Full moon!  So hard to catch a good picture…

04-29-2010 full moon 5 04-29-2010 full moon 6 04-29-2010 full moon 1 Zachary had a concert at church last night.  The last before he leaves on his choir trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks.

DSC02457 DSC02441 DSC02443 DSC02446 DSC02447 DSC02453 DSC02454

And Zane got a fun toy last night at the concert – big jacks! Do you know how many years it has been since I played jacks?  We did so on the entry floor.  He loves theDSC02461DSC02458DSC02459It was hot today but tomorrow changes.  Cold. Colder Saturday for soccer game.  Sheesh.  But I will be putting those flowers in tomorrow I hope!  Need them in the ground.  My irises are beautiful this year.  I am pretty sure it is due to all the snow we had this fall.  Really kept the ground wet.  I will try to cut some to take to Mom and Dad this weekend and take some photos.  Until then…

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Quick update of the last couple of weeks

I know! I neglected my blog last week.  This is spring and that means lots of work going on outside.  The garden had to be tilled, tilled, and tilled.  Then hoed into rows.

Tomato cages are on the left.  We put them over the fence posts this year to keep them from blowing over.  They blow over EVERY year no matter how many stakes I put in them so this year Ross suggested this approach.  I think it will work!

05-04-10 Garden new 2I planted three rows of blackeyed peas and three rows of green beans and put the rows far enough apart so we can till between to try to keep the bindweed down.  05-04-10 Garden new 3 Next trip to Lowe’s I will buy one of those handy dandy weed thing.  Oh, yeah, cultivator.

Fiskars Extended Reach Telescoping CultivatorAnyway, the right side of the garden has the cantaloupe and one hill of pumpkin.  Just for fun.05-04-10 Garden new 1Today I finished putting in the tomatoes and got the hoses all laid out and started watering.  Come on rain.  The tomato cages have a fabric over them because we have lots of wind here.  Duh! And tomatoes get lots of airborne viruses and stuff.  This protects them from hail, too.

DSC02462 DSC02463Let’s see.  What else?  Pretty calm.  We have been to OKC to look at trailers and found one we want just can’t get Ross to let go of the money!  So we are still debating it.

Full moon!  So hard to catch a good picture…

04-29-2010 full moon 5 04-29-2010 full moon 6 04-29-2010 full moon 1 Zachary had a concert at church last night.  The last before he leaves on his choir trip to Colorado in a couple of weeks.

DSC02457 DSC02441 DSC02443 DSC02446 DSC02447 DSC02453 DSC02454

And Zane got a fun toy last night at the concert – big jacks! Do you know how many years it has been since I played jacks?  We did so on the entry floor.  He loves theDSC02461DSC02458DSC02459It was hot today but tomorrow changes.  Cold. Colder Saturday for soccer game.  Sheesh.  But I will be putting those flowers in tomorrow I hope!  Need them in the ground.  My irises are beautiful this year.  I am pretty sure it is due to all the snow we had this fall.  Really kept the ground wet.  I will try to cut some to take to Mom and Dad this weekend and take some photos.  Until then…

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!