Friday, April 9, 2010

Pheasant!

We had gone down a bit further south in the Texas Panhandle (around Dimmitt and Earth) to look at a travel trailer.  We were heading home about 7 p.m. and a pheasant ran across our path.  Now I yell “roadrunner!”.  DUH!!!  I knew what I saw I just messed up.  Ross said something like he never saw a roadrunner that pretty.  Looked more like a pheasant.  Well, yes!  Anyway--- he waited for us to turn around so I could get two – count ‘em – two pictures.  They are fast little buggers.  I know why they are so hard to shoot.  He flew into the field before I could get any more. 

04-08-10 Pheasant 2

He was right by the cattle feeding yard.  Yes, imagine the nice smell.

04-08-10 Pheasant 1  Had to share.  Now to work on Easter.  I am behind again!

1 Click here to comment!:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Love the new spring look on your blog! I once tried prairie chicken...not very good.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pheasant!

We had gone down a bit further south in the Texas Panhandle (around Dimmitt and Earth) to look at a travel trailer.  We were heading home about 7 p.m. and a pheasant ran across our path.  Now I yell “roadrunner!”.  DUH!!!  I knew what I saw I just messed up.  Ross said something like he never saw a roadrunner that pretty.  Looked more like a pheasant.  Well, yes!  Anyway--- he waited for us to turn around so I could get two – count ‘em – two pictures.  They are fast little buggers.  I know why they are so hard to shoot.  He flew into the field before I could get any more. 

04-08-10 Pheasant 2

He was right by the cattle feeding yard.  Yes, imagine the nice smell.

04-08-10 Pheasant 1  Had to share.  Now to work on Easter.  I am behind again!

1 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

Love the new spring look on your blog! I once tried prairie chicken...not very good.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!