Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whoa, time got away – again

I have been so lax at posting but family is taking it’s toll. Better blame it on someone besides my laziness! 

Dad is back in the hospital.  He has pneumonia again, or maybe it is still.  He has never been off the antibiotics.  Apparently Dad has 25% of his lung capacity left due to COPD and emphysema.  That 25% is full of pneumonia.  He is refusing to eat, wants to die, is being very very ugly to friends and family.  My sister sent me an article about this Sundowners Syndrome.  He is acting just like those with Alzheimer’s do but it is also said to affect dementia.  Poor Dad is seeing things and hearing voices too.  This has been a real eye opening experience for all of us.  He will probably go home from the hospital in a couple of days but the doctors say he will be right back.  Apparently they feel this is probably going to be fatal at some point.  It is very sad but at the same time, I hate seeing my Daddy like this.  He is so unhappy and just wants to be able to rest.  It is in God’s hands.

So enough moaning and groaning.  Life does go on.  Football (flag) and soccer for Zachary.  And it is DARN cold here.  We sat at games last weekend in the foggy misty windy cold like good parents and grandparents.  I am already dreading this weekend.  Forecasts are for cold and wet again.  Sigh.  But I will do it!  Of course, I may have to take Zane to the car to sit at times.  He hates the cold.

 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (7)  10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (8) 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (5)10-04-09 football 00110-04-09 football 011  10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (13) 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (12) 10-04-09 football 00210-04-09 Soccer goalie

My sister, Molly, got me hooked on a game.  On my phone.  Playing her.  Now I am also playing my nephew, John, and a friend of Molly’s.  The game is called Words but it is really Scrabble.  It is an iPhone app. You can get it free but for 99 cents there are no adds.  I wait on pins and needles for the next play!  Sad what my life has become huh?

Ross is still diligently – and driving me crazy at it – searching for the perfect travel trailer.  Oh, we find several, but they are usually at least 300 miles plus from home.  We had decided to go this week to look at some but then of course Dad got sick.  I think it will be awhile before we can truly look and not worry the whole time we are gone.  Today we talked about going to Disney World for spring break.  Ross, Zane and I would leave a few days earlier and then Mike, Kathleen and Zachary could fly into Florida.  School you know!  And since we live at least three days travel from there, we need two weeks or all fly.  Decisions, decisions.  And money, money!  I’ll let you know of course what we decide.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Whoa, time got away – again

I have been so lax at posting but family is taking it’s toll. Better blame it on someone besides my laziness! 

Dad is back in the hospital.  He has pneumonia again, or maybe it is still.  He has never been off the antibiotics.  Apparently Dad has 25% of his lung capacity left due to COPD and emphysema.  That 25% is full of pneumonia.  He is refusing to eat, wants to die, is being very very ugly to friends and family.  My sister sent me an article about this Sundowners Syndrome.  He is acting just like those with Alzheimer’s do but it is also said to affect dementia.  Poor Dad is seeing things and hearing voices too.  This has been a real eye opening experience for all of us.  He will probably go home from the hospital in a couple of days but the doctors say he will be right back.  Apparently they feel this is probably going to be fatal at some point.  It is very sad but at the same time, I hate seeing my Daddy like this.  He is so unhappy and just wants to be able to rest.  It is in God’s hands.

So enough moaning and groaning.  Life does go on.  Football (flag) and soccer for Zachary.  And it is DARN cold here.  We sat at games last weekend in the foggy misty windy cold like good parents and grandparents.  I am already dreading this weekend.  Forecasts are for cold and wet again.  Sigh.  But I will do it!  Of course, I may have to take Zane to the car to sit at times.  He hates the cold.

 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (7)  10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (8) 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (5)10-04-09 football 00110-04-09 football 011  10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (13) 10-03-09 1st soccer fall  (12) 10-04-09 football 00210-04-09 Soccer goalie

My sister, Molly, got me hooked on a game.  On my phone.  Playing her.  Now I am also playing my nephew, John, and a friend of Molly’s.  The game is called Words but it is really Scrabble.  It is an iPhone app. You can get it free but for 99 cents there are no adds.  I wait on pins and needles for the next play!  Sad what my life has become huh?

Ross is still diligently – and driving me crazy at it – searching for the perfect travel trailer.  Oh, we find several, but they are usually at least 300 miles plus from home.  We had decided to go this week to look at some but then of course Dad got sick.  I think it will be awhile before we can truly look and not worry the whole time we are gone.  Today we talked about going to Disney World for spring break.  Ross, Zane and I would leave a few days earlier and then Mike, Kathleen and Zachary could fly into Florida.  School you know!  And since we live at least three days travel from there, we need two weeks or all fly.  Decisions, decisions.  And money, money!  I’ll let you know of course what we decide.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!