Saturday, September 12, 2009

Long week!!

This has been a long week.  Dad was back in the hospital Monday night with pneumonia.  Found out later it was not “deep” but when he gets it, he is really ill.  I don’t think he was ever really well after the last time he was there.  And it is so stressful and so tiring and so worrisome when he is in the hospital.  For some reason dialysis seems to really be taking it’s toll every time.  One day at a time!   He is home now and still on an IV antibiotic. 

The kids had a great time in Austin and San Antonio.  They sent me pictures from the tailgate party.  What fun!  We need to take a travel trailer down there next year and camp out.  That would be kind of neat too. Here is a collage of pictures that were sent to  me on phone Not bad photos for cell phones.  Two are from an iPhone and boy the resolution was high!  I think the others might be high too from camera but were emailed so a bit smaller.

UT-game

Sunday I went to meet a cousin.  We “found” each other on the internet through a genealogy search.  He is a cousin on my Dad’s side at about the 10th level. :)  That was fun!  He and his wife were on their way from Pagosa Springs, CO back to their home in Arkansas.  I had my camera but forgot to take it out!  But Gary is good.  He had his ready and it is posted at Facebook.  Need to get a full res from him to post here.  Gosh, I have met two cousins through ancestry research.  Fun.

Oh, almost forgot!  Saturday I went out to the Bayer Select World Championship Horse Show.  There were some beauties out there.  Wish I had gone more or stayed later.  I may try to go next year but really look at what events are when.  It was one week long.  I did not take a lot of photos.  After all, I really do not know any of them and would mean nothing to me.  This white horse was pretty big.  Bigger than the other and he just fascinated me.  Probably 16 1/2 hands. 

09-05-09 Bayer horse show 02 09-05-09 Bayer horse show 10

The rest of the week was taking up taking cars for repairs or doing all the errand stuff. Plus running to the hospital. 

Zane started back to Mother’s Day Out.  He was so funny.  He always says he does not want to go.  But he got up, got dressed, got in the truck, chattered all the way.  When we drove up he said “I really don’t want to do this.”  Just as calm and adult as you please.  And he meant it!  I had to pull him out and he continued to try to climb back in the truck.  We went in and he clung to me.  Cried.  All that stuff.  But he calmly went and sat down after just a bit.  When I went to pick him up he was just so thrilled with his day.  They were playing Duck Duck Goose and he was having a ball!  Still does not want to go again this week but he never does.  He loves to play with kids and I know he is learning a lot and becoming much more social.

This really seems to be Zane week.  Friday I took him to the library for story time.  We got three Thomas books and went to the story time.  For the first time he did not sit in my lap or in a seat right next to me.  He asked if he could sit on the rug with the other kids!  Yes, of course.  He was a bit antsy at first but finally just sat and listened to the books.  Then when it was time for the video he did get in the chair next to me.  Told me he did not want to sit in the dark without me!  So cute.

IMG_0163 IMG_0164 IMG_0165

Today we went to the Thomas the Train Play Date at Toys R Us.  I found out about it on Facebook or Twitter.  Not sure where it was mentioned.  But the store does not advertise it.  I guess it would be too packed if they did.  The boys had a good time.  Even Zachary though he did not want to go.  Zane kept exclaiming “OH MY GOSH!!  WOOK, NANA!” over every train set.

09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 01 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 04 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 08  09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 10 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 14 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 11

The weather was cool cool cool today  I think a high of 70. And some of the town got some rain.  Not us, but cooler weather is fine with me.  I notice some trees changing early and I have some plants that are putting on their fall coats.  Early winter?  Who knows.

Just a couple of photos of the moon and sky I took this week:

09-03-09 sky 07 09-03-09 sky 04

The moon is really hard to photograph – especially with a point and shoot!

09-05-09 moon and sky 01cropped 09-05-09 moon and sky 06cropped

Morning mist!

 09-05-09 moon and sky 1009-05-09 moon and sky 11 

Going to go finish listening to some books then go to bed and read.  Hope I don’t get lost on the plots!

1 Click here to comment!:

Jennwhite said...

Beautiful photos! I love the big Texas sky! It's too hilly and wooded here to get those kind of views.

Seeing your photos from storytime reminds me of taking our kids to the library. I kind of miss those days, hope I'm not too old and infirm when I'm a grandma to do that again!

Thanks for sharing so much, it's fun to have a little window into your life!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Long week!!

This has been a long week.  Dad was back in the hospital Monday night with pneumonia.  Found out later it was not “deep” but when he gets it, he is really ill.  I don’t think he was ever really well after the last time he was there.  And it is so stressful and so tiring and so worrisome when he is in the hospital.  For some reason dialysis seems to really be taking it’s toll every time.  One day at a time!   He is home now and still on an IV antibiotic. 

The kids had a great time in Austin and San Antonio.  They sent me pictures from the tailgate party.  What fun!  We need to take a travel trailer down there next year and camp out.  That would be kind of neat too. Here is a collage of pictures that were sent to  me on phone Not bad photos for cell phones.  Two are from an iPhone and boy the resolution was high!  I think the others might be high too from camera but were emailed so a bit smaller.

UT-game

Sunday I went to meet a cousin.  We “found” each other on the internet through a genealogy search.  He is a cousin on my Dad’s side at about the 10th level. :)  That was fun!  He and his wife were on their way from Pagosa Springs, CO back to their home in Arkansas.  I had my camera but forgot to take it out!  But Gary is good.  He had his ready and it is posted at Facebook.  Need to get a full res from him to post here.  Gosh, I have met two cousins through ancestry research.  Fun.

Oh, almost forgot!  Saturday I went out to the Bayer Select World Championship Horse Show.  There were some beauties out there.  Wish I had gone more or stayed later.  I may try to go next year but really look at what events are when.  It was one week long.  I did not take a lot of photos.  After all, I really do not know any of them and would mean nothing to me.  This white horse was pretty big.  Bigger than the other and he just fascinated me.  Probably 16 1/2 hands. 

09-05-09 Bayer horse show 02 09-05-09 Bayer horse show 10

The rest of the week was taking up taking cars for repairs or doing all the errand stuff. Plus running to the hospital. 

Zane started back to Mother’s Day Out.  He was so funny.  He always says he does not want to go.  But he got up, got dressed, got in the truck, chattered all the way.  When we drove up he said “I really don’t want to do this.”  Just as calm and adult as you please.  And he meant it!  I had to pull him out and he continued to try to climb back in the truck.  We went in and he clung to me.  Cried.  All that stuff.  But he calmly went and sat down after just a bit.  When I went to pick him up he was just so thrilled with his day.  They were playing Duck Duck Goose and he was having a ball!  Still does not want to go again this week but he never does.  He loves to play with kids and I know he is learning a lot and becoming much more social.

This really seems to be Zane week.  Friday I took him to the library for story time.  We got three Thomas books and went to the story time.  For the first time he did not sit in my lap or in a seat right next to me.  He asked if he could sit on the rug with the other kids!  Yes, of course.  He was a bit antsy at first but finally just sat and listened to the books.  Then when it was time for the video he did get in the chair next to me.  Told me he did not want to sit in the dark without me!  So cute.

IMG_0163 IMG_0164 IMG_0165

Today we went to the Thomas the Train Play Date at Toys R Us.  I found out about it on Facebook or Twitter.  Not sure where it was mentioned.  But the store does not advertise it.  I guess it would be too packed if they did.  The boys had a good time.  Even Zachary though he did not want to go.  Zane kept exclaiming “OH MY GOSH!!  WOOK, NANA!” over every train set.

09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 01 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 04 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 08  09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 10 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 14 09-12-09 playdate with Thomas train 11

The weather was cool cool cool today  I think a high of 70. And some of the town got some rain.  Not us, but cooler weather is fine with me.  I notice some trees changing early and I have some plants that are putting on their fall coats.  Early winter?  Who knows.

Just a couple of photos of the moon and sky I took this week:

09-03-09 sky 07 09-03-09 sky 04

The moon is really hard to photograph – especially with a point and shoot!

09-05-09 moon and sky 01cropped 09-05-09 moon and sky 06cropped

Morning mist!

 09-05-09 moon and sky 1009-05-09 moon and sky 11 

Going to go finish listening to some books then go to bed and read.  Hope I don’t get lost on the plots!

1 comments:

Jennwhite said...

Beautiful photos! I love the big Texas sky! It's too hilly and wooded here to get those kind of views.

Seeing your photos from storytime reminds me of taking our kids to the library. I kind of miss those days, hope I'm not too old and infirm when I'm a grandma to do that again!

Thanks for sharing so much, it's fun to have a little window into your life!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!