Friday, September 4, 2009

Holiday Weekend!

Woohoo!  Even I have a long holiday weekend.  The kids left this morning for Austin/San Antonio.  They are going to go to the University of Texas football game tomorrow and have tentative plans to visit the Riverwalk and Alamo.  I know they are also going to have a tailgate party at the game.  Should be lots of fun for all of them.  They have heard there might be rain down there but since it is so needed, no complaints.

Well, I had a wreck this week and it was my fault.  The only thing is, I was not in the vehicle I wrecked.  Strange you think?  I was towing Ross in his car to the mechanic.  There is an intersection we had to stop at that is notorious for being hard to see oncoming traffic.  I really did not see the pickup coming.  Pulled the Cutlas out of the intersection and BAM!! – he hit Ross right in the driver’s door.  Thank goodness Ross saw him coming and leaned into the passenger side.  It did knock Ross’s glasses off his face and into the back seat.  Also shattered the door glass.  The window was down though so most of the glass was in the door. 

We are not going to fix the car and I don’t think we will replace it.  Ross will drive my car and I will drive the pickup except when I have to go get Dad.  He is just unable to climb up in the truck.  However, I think we are going to list the car on Craig’s List as a parts car.  The back window is in great shape, as is the motor and transmission, and that back window is very hard to come by.   We’ll see if we can sell it.  You just never know.

The weather has been really good here.  Only in the 80’s for highs with a few sprinkles every evening. I do wish it would rain but I cannot complain about the temperatures.

Ross is hunting for us another camper.  We want a hardsided camper and think we may try to get a hybrid.  Found one in Waco for a great price but just have not had the time to go look.  Sure wish we could find one closer. 

That is just about all of the news for us this week.  Certainly enough for me!  Just want to sit and do nothing for a bit.  But life goes on.  Tomorrow I AM going to go see the horse show here and of course take care of Dad.  Then it will be “normal” stuff – cleaning mainly.

For my scrapping friends!

I have a freebie for you!  Wow!  It has been a long time.  I have taken a few freebies off the blog and put them in my shop at Scrapdebris by the way.  Be sure and check out Scrapdebris.  Some great designers there and kits are just $1.  Oh, and I am trying to work on our vacation shots as scrap pages.  They are taking forever.  Anyway, click HERE or on the picture to download.  Please leave a note in comments here or on 4shared if you download.  Also, let me know what else you think this needs if anything.  Or let me know what kind of kit you might need.  I will try to make one!

GreatOutdoors_beckygtx preview

Off to see what Dallas is doing tonight.  They were struggling but it is pre-season so I can forgive.

5 Click here to comment!:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Sep [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 05 Sep [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Pattycakes said...

Thank you, thank you!! :)

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 6 post on Sep. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

makeyesup said...

Great that noone was hurt in the accident. Your hubby was so lucky that he was able to see it coming and take measures so he didn't bear the impact. Thanks also for the great outdoor kit. Have a great holdiay weekend.

KatLen Kreations said...

what an adventure.
love the photo papers, thanks

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Holiday Weekend!

Woohoo!  Even I have a long holiday weekend.  The kids left this morning for Austin/San Antonio.  They are going to go to the University of Texas football game tomorrow and have tentative plans to visit the Riverwalk and Alamo.  I know they are also going to have a tailgate party at the game.  Should be lots of fun for all of them.  They have heard there might be rain down there but since it is so needed, no complaints.

Well, I had a wreck this week and it was my fault.  The only thing is, I was not in the vehicle I wrecked.  Strange you think?  I was towing Ross in his car to the mechanic.  There is an intersection we had to stop at that is notorious for being hard to see oncoming traffic.  I really did not see the pickup coming.  Pulled the Cutlas out of the intersection and BAM!! – he hit Ross right in the driver’s door.  Thank goodness Ross saw him coming and leaned into the passenger side.  It did knock Ross’s glasses off his face and into the back seat.  Also shattered the door glass.  The window was down though so most of the glass was in the door. 

We are not going to fix the car and I don’t think we will replace it.  Ross will drive my car and I will drive the pickup except when I have to go get Dad.  He is just unable to climb up in the truck.  However, I think we are going to list the car on Craig’s List as a parts car.  The back window is in great shape, as is the motor and transmission, and that back window is very hard to come by.   We’ll see if we can sell it.  You just never know.

The weather has been really good here.  Only in the 80’s for highs with a few sprinkles every evening. I do wish it would rain but I cannot complain about the temperatures.

Ross is hunting for us another camper.  We want a hardsided camper and think we may try to get a hybrid.  Found one in Waco for a great price but just have not had the time to go look.  Sure wish we could find one closer. 

That is just about all of the news for us this week.  Certainly enough for me!  Just want to sit and do nothing for a bit.  But life goes on.  Tomorrow I AM going to go see the horse show here and of course take care of Dad.  Then it will be “normal” stuff – cleaning mainly.

For my scrapping friends!

I have a freebie for you!  Wow!  It has been a long time.  I have taken a few freebies off the blog and put them in my shop at Scrapdebris by the way.  Be sure and check out Scrapdebris.  Some great designers there and kits are just $1.  Oh, and I am trying to work on our vacation shots as scrap pages.  They are taking forever.  Anyway, click HERE or on the picture to download.  Please leave a note in comments here or on 4shared if you download.  Also, let me know what else you think this needs if anything.  Or let me know what kind of kit you might need.  I will try to make one!

GreatOutdoors_beckygtx preview

Off to see what Dallas is doing tonight.  They were struggling but it is pre-season so I can forgive.

5 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 04 Sep [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 05 Sep [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

Pattycakes said...

Thank you, thank you!! :)

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Page 6 post on Sep. 05, 2009. Thanks again.

makeyesup said...

Great that noone was hurt in the accident. Your hubby was so lucky that he was able to see it coming and take measures so he didn't bear the impact. Thanks also for the great outdoor kit. Have a great holdiay weekend.

KatLen Kreations said...

what an adventure.
love the photo papers, thanks

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!