Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beautiful fall is here!

I think my favorite seasons are fall and winter.  Yes, I know.  Lots of you do not like winter.  I do.  Love the snow and cold.  Does not mean I want to be out in it but I just love the season.  Well, I think it is officially fall here.  Next week it is supposed to be highs in the 60s!  Yes! 

Dragging out the cropped pants now.  Less shorts.  But I will fight tooth and toenail to continue to wear sandals.  Hate shoes.  Now, does that go together – no shoes and cold?  In my house it does.  My grandmother used to tell me “You are going to catch your death!”.  Ever hear that from your parents or grandparents?  I will even traipse to the mailbox shoeless through light snow.  And get the grill going.  Country, that is me.

With fall comes soccer and football and, right at the end, basketball.  Trying to hit all those games is a interesting to say the least.  Zachary just has football this weekend.  Next weekend football and soccer.  So far their team is 2-0.  They are playing really well as a team.

Just discovered this picture album stuff at blogger.  Cool!

Here are some of Zane playing at the games.

Zane and I attended a program at Zachary’s school this week.  They had Pirates Day which was really a learning experience for parents and grandparents.  It was to remind parents to ask questions as their students read.  Start with the title and what do they think the book or chapter is about.  Then during reading asking what the story is about and who and such.  At the end, ask what they would do to change the ending.  Really a very cute program.  We had clues and had to go to four different spots to find the “treasure” in the end.  The “treasure” was cookies and drinks in the classroom when we got back.  Even Zane got cookies and juice.  It was great! 

 

Ross and I are thinking about going to Belton Tuesday.  We found a travel trailer there at a really good price.  We will take Zane with us.  Means he will miss Mothers’ Day Out but so it goes.  Should be interesting!

Dad has not been well.  He seems very confused and has been hateful at times.  I had to really talk to him like a child Friday to calm him down.  They had him in the hospital wing to give him IV antibiotics and he was just missing all his friends and bingo and seeing anything but the inside of a room.  So they took him off the IV and changed it to oral and moved him home.  He is MUCH happier but still confused.  They say it could be the infection – pneumonia.  He is having a hard time shaking it off but I do see him getting a bit better.  Very scary to me.  Thank goodness I have Cynthia and Molly – and Ross and Kathleen.  My support team.

Ross has a birthday Saturday – 62.  He will start drawing his retirement in October we hope and then retire in January.  Maybe.  He changes his mind daily.  We have got to find insurance before that happens however.  I dread the cost.  Then he needs to find something to do or drive me crazy.  I know it!  But I do look forward to having weekends to do stuff again. It is so hard to do anything during the week and keep kids. 

Going to go read or listen to a book for a bit.  I am hooked on books on CDs.  I download them to iTunes then put them on my iPhone and off I go!  I can clean, garden, work on the computer, and still listen.  I have learned to haunt all the library branches to find books.  They all carry something different.  Love it.  I have not been to the north branch yet. It is just too far.  Maybe if I am over that way one day.  My favorites are Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and read by Lorilei King and Spenser series of Robert B. Parker and read by Joe Montegna.  The readers really make listening to books great. I got one the other day that was just awful.  The book may have been good but the reader was terrible.  I just could not listen to it. 

Back later this week.

3 Click here to comment!:

Jennwhite said...

I'm jealous of your fall - in the mid-80s here all week!

I used to love books on tape, but you're right, the reader makes all the difference. Now I'm hooked on podcasts, I can listen to them when I'm at work. I love "Wait, Wait, don't tell me" from NPR and of course the Car Guys and Prairie Home Companion.

Good luck with the retired husband thing, I can see how that would be problematic!

Pumpy said...

My Husband retired about 10 yrs. ago, we retire at 60 here. So my advice to you is train him from the beginning!!!!
I am interested in this downloading of books, where do I do this?

Becky said...

Pumpy, I don't know where you live but check your library. We have access through ours to a site that has the audio books. I also check out books AT the library on cds. Email me for any other questions you have.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Beautiful fall is here!

I think my favorite seasons are fall and winter.  Yes, I know.  Lots of you do not like winter.  I do.  Love the snow and cold.  Does not mean I want to be out in it but I just love the season.  Well, I think it is officially fall here.  Next week it is supposed to be highs in the 60s!  Yes! 

Dragging out the cropped pants now.  Less shorts.  But I will fight tooth and toenail to continue to wear sandals.  Hate shoes.  Now, does that go together – no shoes and cold?  In my house it does.  My grandmother used to tell me “You are going to catch your death!”.  Ever hear that from your parents or grandparents?  I will even traipse to the mailbox shoeless through light snow.  And get the grill going.  Country, that is me.

With fall comes soccer and football and, right at the end, basketball.  Trying to hit all those games is a interesting to say the least.  Zachary just has football this weekend.  Next weekend football and soccer.  So far their team is 2-0.  They are playing really well as a team.

Just discovered this picture album stuff at blogger.  Cool!

Here are some of Zane playing at the games.

Zane and I attended a program at Zachary’s school this week.  They had Pirates Day which was really a learning experience for parents and grandparents.  It was to remind parents to ask questions as their students read.  Start with the title and what do they think the book or chapter is about.  Then during reading asking what the story is about and who and such.  At the end, ask what they would do to change the ending.  Really a very cute program.  We had clues and had to go to four different spots to find the “treasure” in the end.  The “treasure” was cookies and drinks in the classroom when we got back.  Even Zane got cookies and juice.  It was great! 

 

Ross and I are thinking about going to Belton Tuesday.  We found a travel trailer there at a really good price.  We will take Zane with us.  Means he will miss Mothers’ Day Out but so it goes.  Should be interesting!

Dad has not been well.  He seems very confused and has been hateful at times.  I had to really talk to him like a child Friday to calm him down.  They had him in the hospital wing to give him IV antibiotics and he was just missing all his friends and bingo and seeing anything but the inside of a room.  So they took him off the IV and changed it to oral and moved him home.  He is MUCH happier but still confused.  They say it could be the infection – pneumonia.  He is having a hard time shaking it off but I do see him getting a bit better.  Very scary to me.  Thank goodness I have Cynthia and Molly – and Ross and Kathleen.  My support team.

Ross has a birthday Saturday – 62.  He will start drawing his retirement in October we hope and then retire in January.  Maybe.  He changes his mind daily.  We have got to find insurance before that happens however.  I dread the cost.  Then he needs to find something to do or drive me crazy.  I know it!  But I do look forward to having weekends to do stuff again. It is so hard to do anything during the week and keep kids. 

Going to go read or listen to a book for a bit.  I am hooked on books on CDs.  I download them to iTunes then put them on my iPhone and off I go!  I can clean, garden, work on the computer, and still listen.  I have learned to haunt all the library branches to find books.  They all carry something different.  Love it.  I have not been to the north branch yet. It is just too far.  Maybe if I am over that way one day.  My favorites are Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich and read by Lorilei King and Spenser series of Robert B. Parker and read by Joe Montegna.  The readers really make listening to books great. I got one the other day that was just awful.  The book may have been good but the reader was terrible.  I just could not listen to it. 

Back later this week.

3 comments:

Jennwhite said...

I'm jealous of your fall - in the mid-80s here all week!

I used to love books on tape, but you're right, the reader makes all the difference. Now I'm hooked on podcasts, I can listen to them when I'm at work. I love "Wait, Wait, don't tell me" from NPR and of course the Car Guys and Prairie Home Companion.

Good luck with the retired husband thing, I can see how that would be problematic!

Pumpy said...

My Husband retired about 10 yrs. ago, we retire at 60 here. So my advice to you is train him from the beginning!!!!
I am interested in this downloading of books, where do I do this?

Becky said...

Pumpy, I don't know where you live but check your library. We have access through ours to a site that has the audio books. I also check out books AT the library on cds. Email me for any other questions you have.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!