Saturday, August 29, 2009

First week of school signaling fall is right behind

Zachary went back to school this week leaving us with just keeping Zane.  It is just so different to keep one three year old versus a nine year old and a three year old.  And Zane is one who can play by himself well but Zachary seems to need guidance all the time.  But he has always been like that.

Just before school started we had a family birthday party for Zachary.  His birthday is actually the 29th but he is having a slumber party with friends for that one. 

08-22-09 Zachary family BD (3)08-22-09 Zachary family BD (7) 08-22-09 Zachary family BD (14)08-22-09 Zachary family BD (17)

I have fallen in love with books on CDs.  Oh, I don’t listen to them on CD.  I download them to my iTunes then upload to my iPhone.  Put the earphones in and go!  JD Robb, Nora Roberts, Robert B. Parker, and more. Janet Evanovich is read by Lorelei King.  She is just phenominal.  Makes the characters come alive.  I picked up a few more today, different authors.  Looking forward to it.  My only wish is that I could download books from the online library and put on my phone.  But those are wma files and the iPhone will not take those.  And the library has them protected so I cannot change the format.  Sigh.  Thinking I might need a separate mp3 player.  Just do not want to spend any more money. After all, I want a DSLR camera.

The garden is all but abandoned.  It just has not done well this year.  Green beans are looking sickly.  Blackeyes did not do well at all.  Tomato cages continue to fall over no matter what I do.  Oh, I get tomatoes.  Wonderful tasting, ugly things.  Volunteer acorn squash is doing well.  Squash usually do.  Jalapenos are good, not big, but good. The cantaloupe will never make this year.  Just a bad year for my garden this year.  Next year I am going to let it sit and just grow tomatoes.

We went Thursday to Boys Ranch to look at a travel trailer.  The price is ok but it is still a bit heavier than what we want.  I think we may take a trip to the Dallas area and look at the hybrids.  Lots of room and less to haul!  LOL 

Going to go shower now and get ready for the day.  Taking Zachary to Kabuki for his birthday.  It is his favorite restaurant.  He wanted to be a chef there at one time.  Now I think he has his sites on football.

Fellow digi scrappers – Look for a freebie camping kit hopefully by next weekend!

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

First week of school signaling fall is right behind

Zachary went back to school this week leaving us with just keeping Zane.  It is just so different to keep one three year old versus a nine year old and a three year old.  And Zane is one who can play by himself well but Zachary seems to need guidance all the time.  But he has always been like that.

Just before school started we had a family birthday party for Zachary.  His birthday is actually the 29th but he is having a slumber party with friends for that one. 

08-22-09 Zachary family BD (3)08-22-09 Zachary family BD (7) 08-22-09 Zachary family BD (14)08-22-09 Zachary family BD (17)

I have fallen in love with books on CDs.  Oh, I don’t listen to them on CD.  I download them to my iTunes then upload to my iPhone.  Put the earphones in and go!  JD Robb, Nora Roberts, Robert B. Parker, and more. Janet Evanovich is read by Lorelei King.  She is just phenominal.  Makes the characters come alive.  I picked up a few more today, different authors.  Looking forward to it.  My only wish is that I could download books from the online library and put on my phone.  But those are wma files and the iPhone will not take those.  And the library has them protected so I cannot change the format.  Sigh.  Thinking I might need a separate mp3 player.  Just do not want to spend any more money. After all, I want a DSLR camera.

The garden is all but abandoned.  It just has not done well this year.  Green beans are looking sickly.  Blackeyes did not do well at all.  Tomato cages continue to fall over no matter what I do.  Oh, I get tomatoes.  Wonderful tasting, ugly things.  Volunteer acorn squash is doing well.  Squash usually do.  Jalapenos are good, not big, but good. The cantaloupe will never make this year.  Just a bad year for my garden this year.  Next year I am going to let it sit and just grow tomatoes.

We went Thursday to Boys Ranch to look at a travel trailer.  The price is ok but it is still a bit heavier than what we want.  I think we may take a trip to the Dallas area and look at the hybrids.  Lots of room and less to haul!  LOL 

Going to go shower now and get ready for the day.  Taking Zachary to Kabuki for his birthday.  It is his favorite restaurant.  He wanted to be a chef there at one time.  Now I think he has his sites on football.

Fellow digi scrappers – Look for a freebie camping kit hopefully by next weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!