Saturday, August 22, 2009

Clouds of summer

Summer is almost over.  Zachary starts back to school next week and Zane will be back in Mother’s Day Out in a couple of weeks.  Think life will get a little slower?  I doubt it.  But I think I am looking forward to some changes.  I really want to get back to doing a bit of scrapbook designs and maybe even pick up my cross stitching.  It has just been abandoned.

The month of August has been wet!  If my garden had done well it probably would have been a bumper crop.  But, it did not do so well.  Oh, I have tomatoes, green beans and jalepeno but the blackeyes, planted twice, did not grow.  The cantaloupe are nearly non existent.  Even the weeds seem to be sparse.  Who knows.  I just know that next year I don’t plan on having a garden.  I will have tomatoes.  Gotta have those!  But the Farmers’ Market will have my business.

I have been taking lots of photos of clouds.  I am really enjoying the summer clouds.  Gotta find a different subject I think.

07-29-09 clouds 03 07-29-09 clouds 10 07-29-09 clouds 06 08-02-09 clouds 3share

These are all straight out of the camera.

08-04-09 clouds 01

08-04-09 clouds 05 08-09-09 sky photos 09

08-09-09 sky photos 30

I have so many more!  Does anyone else has this obsession of taking pictures of a certain subject?  Sheesh.

I did take the boys to the park yesterday to feed the ducks and have lunch with Kathleen.  It was fun.  A very nice day too.

08-21-09 at the park 03 08-21-09 at the park 04 08-21-09 at the park 12 08-21-09 at the park 14

Recently I completed a layout for a challenge at Scrappers Workshop and I really like how it turned out.  Zachary trying to get the cows to take some grass.

Moooooo

Actually I have done several pages.  Trying to work on our vacation pictures.  Here they are.

RMNP-1 RMNP-2 Tundra

Enjoy-the-Day

Well, gotta go make some homemade ice cream.  Today we are attending Zachary’s birthday party for family.  His real birthday is next week but he is hopefully going to have a slumber party with friends.  I say hopefully because apparently his mouth has been overrunning his brain today and he may not get that party!  Yikes!  I’ll let you know.

1 Click here to comment!:

Jennwhite said...

I love your cloud pictures! We've had great clouds here lately, but the land is hilly and we just don't see much sky where we are. I'll have to live vicariously through your big Texas sky!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Clouds of summer

Summer is almost over.  Zachary starts back to school next week and Zane will be back in Mother’s Day Out in a couple of weeks.  Think life will get a little slower?  I doubt it.  But I think I am looking forward to some changes.  I really want to get back to doing a bit of scrapbook designs and maybe even pick up my cross stitching.  It has just been abandoned.

The month of August has been wet!  If my garden had done well it probably would have been a bumper crop.  But, it did not do so well.  Oh, I have tomatoes, green beans and jalepeno but the blackeyes, planted twice, did not grow.  The cantaloupe are nearly non existent.  Even the weeds seem to be sparse.  Who knows.  I just know that next year I don’t plan on having a garden.  I will have tomatoes.  Gotta have those!  But the Farmers’ Market will have my business.

I have been taking lots of photos of clouds.  I am really enjoying the summer clouds.  Gotta find a different subject I think.

07-29-09 clouds 03 07-29-09 clouds 10 07-29-09 clouds 06 08-02-09 clouds 3share

These are all straight out of the camera.

08-04-09 clouds 01

08-04-09 clouds 05 08-09-09 sky photos 09

08-09-09 sky photos 30

I have so many more!  Does anyone else has this obsession of taking pictures of a certain subject?  Sheesh.

I did take the boys to the park yesterday to feed the ducks and have lunch with Kathleen.  It was fun.  A very nice day too.

08-21-09 at the park 03 08-21-09 at the park 04 08-21-09 at the park 12 08-21-09 at the park 14

Recently I completed a layout for a challenge at Scrappers Workshop and I really like how it turned out.  Zachary trying to get the cows to take some grass.

Moooooo

Actually I have done several pages.  Trying to work on our vacation pictures.  Here they are.

RMNP-1 RMNP-2 Tundra

Enjoy-the-Day

Well, gotta go make some homemade ice cream.  Today we are attending Zachary’s birthday party for family.  His real birthday is next week but he is hopefully going to have a slumber party with friends.  I say hopefully because apparently his mouth has been overrunning his brain today and he may not get that party!  Yikes!  I’ll let you know.

1 comments:

Jennwhite said...

I love your cloud pictures! We've had great clouds here lately, but the land is hilly and we just don't see much sky where we are. I'll have to live vicariously through your big Texas sky!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!