Friday, June 12, 2009

Catching up - more!

I said I would try to be back and catch up a bit more and here it is.  Let's see, where did I leave off.  OK, football.  Ahh, swimming lessons.  Both boys love the pool.  We have a small one - 12 feet by 30 inches deep I think - and they have one that is 18 feet by 42 or 48 inches deep.

 06-04-09 boys swimming 0606-04-09 boys swimming 09 06-04-09 boys swimming 11 06-04-09 boys swimming 12

Zachary has had lessons for a few years so each year he just gets better.  We started him at age 5.  Zane loves the water.  Loves it.  So what else to do but start him in lessons too.  

Zachary took right off.  After class the first day his teacher told me he was an excellent student and if it was ok she would work with him a bit more and also have him help her teach the other three how to swim.  She told me he listened to what she said and did what was asked.  He is really a good kid.

06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 19 06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 12

Zane is still so timid.  He has a bravado of "Yes, I can!" but when you get right to it, uh uh!  So it takes him a little bit of time and coaxing to let his teacher work with him.  But once he gets more confident, hang on!  He will just get going.  However, he is three and it is hard to get him to listen too much.  I am sure he will learn a lot right along with Zachary.  It will just take a few more lessons!

06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 03 06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 22

I just love taking pictures of some of these summer skies.  So you get a few  more.

06-08-09 Sunrise06-04-09 Clouds  02  06-04-09 Clouds  0506-04-09 Clouds  0706-06-09 Sky 08 06-06-09 Sky 06

This was a short burst of a lot of wind that carried a lot of dirt with it.  Amazing since it had just rained that morning.  We still need more rain.

06-10-09 dirt in air 1   06-10-09 dirt in air 2

Oh, quick report on a trip to the library.  We have an indoor football league here called the Dusters.  Two of the players were going to be at the library to read to the kids, share what they do, and play a little football.  For Zachary this was just perfect!  One was a wide receiver and one a defensive back.  Here are some pictures of that visit.  As always, visit my Webshots gallery and see LOTS more photos.  I just updated it.

06-08-09 Dusters at library 01 06-08-09 Dusters at library 08 06-08-09 Dusters at library 10 06-08-09 Dusters at library 29

I am still working on the camper but have all the screens fixed now.  Just about a month and we will be off on vacation.  We cannot wait!  Zane keeps asking when we are going to Yellowstone.  Soon, baby, soon!

OK, two more pictures then I quit for now.  I need to try to update this blog at least twice a week the way the summer is going - fast!  These are just a couple of photos I got of the boys the other days on bikes/scooters.  Zane does whatever Zachary does usually.  Check on the hats.

06-06-09 Zachary football 01 06-05-09 Zane

1 Click here to comment!:

Lori H said...

I just stumbled across your blog while searching for scrapbook stores in the panhandle! (I live in Pampa.) Your pics grabbed me because we visited Glacier & Yellowstone last summer & can't wait to go back!!! Beautiful!!
Lori H

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Catching up - more!

I said I would try to be back and catch up a bit more and here it is.  Let's see, where did I leave off.  OK, football.  Ahh, swimming lessons.  Both boys love the pool.  We have a small one - 12 feet by 30 inches deep I think - and they have one that is 18 feet by 42 or 48 inches deep.

 06-04-09 boys swimming 0606-04-09 boys swimming 09 06-04-09 boys swimming 11 06-04-09 boys swimming 12

Zachary has had lessons for a few years so each year he just gets better.  We started him at age 5.  Zane loves the water.  Loves it.  So what else to do but start him in lessons too.  

Zachary took right off.  After class the first day his teacher told me he was an excellent student and if it was ok she would work with him a bit more and also have him help her teach the other three how to swim.  She told me he listened to what she said and did what was asked.  He is really a good kid.

06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 19 06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 12

Zane is still so timid.  He has a bravado of "Yes, I can!" but when you get right to it, uh uh!  So it takes him a little bit of time and coaxing to let his teacher work with him.  But once he gets more confident, hang on!  He will just get going.  However, he is three and it is hard to get him to listen too much.  I am sure he will learn a lot right along with Zachary.  It will just take a few more lessons!

06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 03 06-08-09 Swim lessons day1 22

I just love taking pictures of some of these summer skies.  So you get a few  more.

06-08-09 Sunrise06-04-09 Clouds  02  06-04-09 Clouds  0506-04-09 Clouds  0706-06-09 Sky 08 06-06-09 Sky 06

This was a short burst of a lot of wind that carried a lot of dirt with it.  Amazing since it had just rained that morning.  We still need more rain.

06-10-09 dirt in air 1   06-10-09 dirt in air 2

Oh, quick report on a trip to the library.  We have an indoor football league here called the Dusters.  Two of the players were going to be at the library to read to the kids, share what they do, and play a little football.  For Zachary this was just perfect!  One was a wide receiver and one a defensive back.  Here are some pictures of that visit.  As always, visit my Webshots gallery and see LOTS more photos.  I just updated it.

06-08-09 Dusters at library 01 06-08-09 Dusters at library 08 06-08-09 Dusters at library 10 06-08-09 Dusters at library 29

I am still working on the camper but have all the screens fixed now.  Just about a month and we will be off on vacation.  We cannot wait!  Zane keeps asking when we are going to Yellowstone.  Soon, baby, soon!

OK, two more pictures then I quit for now.  I need to try to update this blog at least twice a week the way the summer is going - fast!  These are just a couple of photos I got of the boys the other days on bikes/scooters.  Zane does whatever Zachary does usually.  Check on the hats.

06-06-09 Zachary football 01 06-05-09 Zane

1 comments:

Lori H said...

I just stumbled across your blog while searching for scrapbook stores in the panhandle! (I live in Pampa.) Your pics grabbed me because we visited Glacier & Yellowstone last summer & can't wait to go back!!! Beautiful!!
Lori H

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!