Friday, May 8, 2009

Summer and gardening season have started

And boy am I behind!  We do have the garden plowed.  And my plan is a SIMPLE garden.  Blackeyes, green beans (a few rows), tomatoes of course, a jalapeno pepper plant or two, and cantaloupe.  I cannot think of anything else I just have to have.  Not doing onions as our soil is just too tight and I HATE fighting the weeds around them.  But I do plan on buying that black weed out material and mulching this year.  I really need a mulching system I know.  That may be our next project.

The dove eggs are still there.  How long is the gestation period for doves?  Two eggs being tenderly tended by the mama.  I have one photo of her back on the barbed wire behind our property.  I can't wait to see these babies hatch and grow.

04-24-09 Dove eggs2 04-24-09 Mama dove

Soccer season is nearly over.  Most of our games have been darn cold or windy.  But I do miss it when it is over.  Zachary has really suddenly been playing so well.  He is scoring nearly every game and the team as a whole is playing together.  Way to go, Arsenal!

05-03-09 Soccer 07 05-03-09 Soccer 04 

2009-Spring-Soccer

And just what has Zane been doing through all this?  Well, he attends the soccer games but if it gets too cold he usually wants to go to the car.  We have done that, too.  No need to have him freezing and miserable because that means we are miserable.  Just a pretty typical three year old.  He is a character!

04-26-09 Soccer 08Mr-Conductor  

On a really fun note, the boys are gathering worms for a warm farm.  Zachary found a worm one day and I said something about starting a worm farm.  So Zane went out and was going to find a worm.  We had looked and could not find one so I really doubted he would find one very easily.  He was in in about five minutes saying he found a worm.  Yeah, yeah, uh huh.  Went out and the little booger had a huge worm in the back of his "car".  Oh my goodness!  That is what I get for doubting.  So of course the hunt was on.  They have since found several worms and we are working on growing worms.  Let you know how that comes out.

Worm-Farmers

We are off to Dallas this week.  Going to the wedding of a nephew in Dallas.  We are making a travel trailer hunt out of it too.  Seems - per Ross - that there are lots of bargains to be had in that area.  Travis is flying down Friday and Ross and I will fly back on Saturday with him.  Kathleen, Mike and boys are going to a Rangers game Saturday so they will bring the truck home on Sunday.  It is all working out really well.

Is anyone out there twittering or facebooking?  I am but am not a good tweeter.  Just have such a boring life who wants to know every minute?  Grin.

What else was I going to tell everyone in this post?  Hmmmmm.  Well, guess I will have to do another soon.  Happy Mother's Day all!!!

1 Click here to comment!:

Screwed Up Texan said...

You are so talented with this digiscrappin. I am still learning! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Summer and gardening season have started

And boy am I behind!  We do have the garden plowed.  And my plan is a SIMPLE garden.  Blackeyes, green beans (a few rows), tomatoes of course, a jalapeno pepper plant or two, and cantaloupe.  I cannot think of anything else I just have to have.  Not doing onions as our soil is just too tight and I HATE fighting the weeds around them.  But I do plan on buying that black weed out material and mulching this year.  I really need a mulching system I know.  That may be our next project.

The dove eggs are still there.  How long is the gestation period for doves?  Two eggs being tenderly tended by the mama.  I have one photo of her back on the barbed wire behind our property.  I can't wait to see these babies hatch and grow.

04-24-09 Dove eggs2 04-24-09 Mama dove

Soccer season is nearly over.  Most of our games have been darn cold or windy.  But I do miss it when it is over.  Zachary has really suddenly been playing so well.  He is scoring nearly every game and the team as a whole is playing together.  Way to go, Arsenal!

05-03-09 Soccer 07 05-03-09 Soccer 04 

2009-Spring-Soccer

And just what has Zane been doing through all this?  Well, he attends the soccer games but if it gets too cold he usually wants to go to the car.  We have done that, too.  No need to have him freezing and miserable because that means we are miserable.  Just a pretty typical three year old.  He is a character!

04-26-09 Soccer 08Mr-Conductor  

On a really fun note, the boys are gathering worms for a warm farm.  Zachary found a worm one day and I said something about starting a worm farm.  So Zane went out and was going to find a worm.  We had looked and could not find one so I really doubted he would find one very easily.  He was in in about five minutes saying he found a worm.  Yeah, yeah, uh huh.  Went out and the little booger had a huge worm in the back of his "car".  Oh my goodness!  That is what I get for doubting.  So of course the hunt was on.  They have since found several worms and we are working on growing worms.  Let you know how that comes out.

Worm-Farmers

We are off to Dallas this week.  Going to the wedding of a nephew in Dallas.  We are making a travel trailer hunt out of it too.  Seems - per Ross - that there are lots of bargains to be had in that area.  Travis is flying down Friday and Ross and I will fly back on Saturday with him.  Kathleen, Mike and boys are going to a Rangers game Saturday so they will bring the truck home on Sunday.  It is all working out really well.

Is anyone out there twittering or facebooking?  I am but am not a good tweeter.  Just have such a boring life who wants to know every minute?  Grin.

What else was I going to tell everyone in this post?  Hmmmmm.  Well, guess I will have to do another soon.  Happy Mother's Day all!!!

1 comments:

Screwed Up Texan said...

You are so talented with this digiscrappin. I am still learning! Happy Mother's Day to you too!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!