Sunday, May 24, 2009

One more week of school and a free small kit for my scrapbooking friends

There is one more week of school here.  Then it is going to be a trial to just stay up with activities for kids.  Oh, there will be days we need to find something to do especially with Zachary.  At nearly 9 he just needs to be busy and at our house there are no kids that stay home during the summer months.  The first week will be downtime pretty much.  I do plan on taking him to buy some worms so we can have a real worm farm.  I want to find a used fish tank so we can see the activity.  Maybe a few garage sales and we will find one cheap.  Then Zachary and Zane both will take swimming lessons for two weeks.  Need to get out our swimming pool.  It is not deep but will give the boys a small activity.  I know we will visit the zoo, Discovery Center, maybe Wildlife Center.  And I have it set up for them both to go to Mother's Day Out a few times this summer just to have a change of pace.  Zachary has basketball camp for a whole week too and all day long!  Of course, our library has lots of activities for all ages during the summer and a summer reading program.  Two weeks of vacation in July.  Surely there will be NO "I'm bored" days.  Yeah, right!

I got a couple of pictures of our barn swallows on the porch yesterday.  I drove up and they were sitting on my hanging planter irons.  After turning off my music, pulling out my camera and getting it ready, I backed the car up slowly and took photos.  I had to pull on the grass a bit and use the zoom.  For some reason the car did not bother them.  Anyway, here are some of the photos.

05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch001   05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch004 05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch003   05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch005

They have been busy building a nest on the rafter part of the porch.  Mud.  Not sure where they get mud.  Maybe the garden.  And now that I am watering probably there too.  Here is front and back (back and front?).

DSC08543 DSC08544

I would love to get a ladder or stepstool and look in but will wait a couple of days.

We had a rumble of thunder here last night buy no rain.  A bit of rain today - just enough to dirty up cars.  Apparently a couple areas got a lot of rain and had some flooding.  Wish we could just get a bit more!  Maybe later today.

05-23-09 clouds 001 05-23-09 clouds 002 05-23-09 clouds 003 05-23-09 clouds 004

I am getting rather spoiled with pedicures!  Kathleen and I got one before the wedding - and a manicure - and another yesterday.  During the summer I just need them more often but really, two weeks?  So I will probably wait about three for the next one.  Grin.  No, I did not get a manicure.  Too much digging in the flowers and yard right now.  I do plan on tending to my nails thought.  Amazing how a couple of weeks and the cuticles already look bad. 

For my scrapbooking friends - a small kit

I have a small kit for you.  Hope you like it.  The link is here or click on the preview.  The inspiration for this kit came from a blanket that Zachary and Zane have.

Bright Blanket beckygtx preview

3 Click here to comment!:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 24 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 25 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on May. 25, 2009. Thanks again.

Maria said...

Great Pix Becky! I miss my birds, they are so much fun to watch!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

One more week of school and a free small kit for my scrapbooking friends

There is one more week of school here.  Then it is going to be a trial to just stay up with activities for kids.  Oh, there will be days we need to find something to do especially with Zachary.  At nearly 9 he just needs to be busy and at our house there are no kids that stay home during the summer months.  The first week will be downtime pretty much.  I do plan on taking him to buy some worms so we can have a real worm farm.  I want to find a used fish tank so we can see the activity.  Maybe a few garage sales and we will find one cheap.  Then Zachary and Zane both will take swimming lessons for two weeks.  Need to get out our swimming pool.  It is not deep but will give the boys a small activity.  I know we will visit the zoo, Discovery Center, maybe Wildlife Center.  And I have it set up for them both to go to Mother's Day Out a few times this summer just to have a change of pace.  Zachary has basketball camp for a whole week too and all day long!  Of course, our library has lots of activities for all ages during the summer and a summer reading program.  Two weeks of vacation in July.  Surely there will be NO "I'm bored" days.  Yeah, right!

I got a couple of pictures of our barn swallows on the porch yesterday.  I drove up and they were sitting on my hanging planter irons.  After turning off my music, pulling out my camera and getting it ready, I backed the car up slowly and took photos.  I had to pull on the grass a bit and use the zoom.  For some reason the car did not bother them.  Anyway, here are some of the photos.

05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch001   05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch004 05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch003   05-23-09 Barn swallows on porch005

They have been busy building a nest on the rafter part of the porch.  Mud.  Not sure where they get mud.  Maybe the garden.  And now that I am watering probably there too.  Here is front and back (back and front?).

DSC08543 DSC08544

I would love to get a ladder or stepstool and look in but will wait a couple of days.

We had a rumble of thunder here last night buy no rain.  A bit of rain today - just enough to dirty up cars.  Apparently a couple areas got a lot of rain and had some flooding.  Wish we could just get a bit more!  Maybe later today.

05-23-09 clouds 001 05-23-09 clouds 002 05-23-09 clouds 003 05-23-09 clouds 004

I am getting rather spoiled with pedicures!  Kathleen and I got one before the wedding - and a manicure - and another yesterday.  During the summer I just need them more often but really, two weeks?  So I will probably wait about three for the next one.  Grin.  No, I did not get a manicure.  Too much digging in the flowers and yard right now.  I do plan on tending to my nails thought.  Amazing how a couple of weeks and the cuticles already look bad. 

For my scrapbooking friends - a small kit

I have a small kit for you.  Hope you like it.  The link is here or click on the preview.  The inspiration for this kit came from a blanket that Zachary and Zane have.

Bright Blanket beckygtx preview

3 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 24 May [LA 07:00pm, NY 09:00pm] - 25 May [UK 02:00am, OZ 12:00pm] ).

CreativeBusyHands-Scrapbook Freebies Search said...

Thank you so much for this Freebie. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Hands Scrapbook Freebies Search List, under the Kit(s) post on May. 25, 2009. Thanks again.

Maria said...

Great Pix Becky! I miss my birds, they are so much fun to watch!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!