Sunday, May 10, 2009

Barn Swallows attack!!

We have barn swallows again this year in our front porch.  And they are vigorous at trying to keep me away!  However, I have to go out the front door!  Yesterday I decided to set my camera to shoot continuously as I held down the button.  I caught some fairly good pictures and lots of nothing but air.  I put together a small slide show with some of the good ones.  Barn swallows are so pretty.  I love that blue iridescence and the orange underside.  Enjoy.

3 Click here to comment!:

makeyesup said...

Great action photos.

Maria said...

how cool is that? Good job!!

Mike said...

Great pics.

Reminds me of my childhood, growing up near Miami (TX). We had these (called them "scissortails") and they'd dive bomb our old black cat (born the same day as I was). He'd walk along nonchalantly as the birds got closer and closer, then he'd spring into the air, all four limbs flailing.

Sometimes he'd catch his supper.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Barn Swallows attack!!

We have barn swallows again this year in our front porch.  And they are vigorous at trying to keep me away!  However, I have to go out the front door!  Yesterday I decided to set my camera to shoot continuously as I held down the button.  I caught some fairly good pictures and lots of nothing but air.  I put together a small slide show with some of the good ones.  Barn swallows are so pretty.  I love that blue iridescence and the orange underside.  Enjoy.

3 comments:

makeyesup said...

Great action photos.

Maria said...

how cool is that? Good job!!

Mike said...

Great pics.

Reminds me of my childhood, growing up near Miami (TX). We had these (called them "scissortails") and they'd dive bomb our old black cat (born the same day as I was). He'd walk along nonchalantly as the birds got closer and closer, then he'd spring into the air, all four limbs flailing.

Sometimes he'd catch his supper.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!