Sunday, April 19, 2009

Soccer season and all things spring

Get prepared - this is going to be a long post.  I need to try to stay up on at least a weekly basis.  Remember - check my Webshots for LOTS more photos! I am just going to share a few on this post.  And believe me, I have plenty already from April!

Easter

First we went to the nursing home Dad is in to enjoy a little candy hunting with the boys.  Zane was SOOOOO excited.  They had fun and the residents I know enjoy seeing the little kids. This was on Friday before Easter.

04-10-09 egg hunt 01 04-10-09 egg hunt 03

I think I have mentioned Pioneer Woman just a few times.  She and Bakerella inspired me to try something new with cupcakes and fondant.  Now, I have never used fondant.  IT WAS FUN!!  And it tastes good.  And next time I will put some flavoring in it.  Soon I will try the cake pops.  Here are a couple of picture of the cupcakes - in progress and done. 

And I just have to share some photos of Easter.  It was a good Easter but started out wet and we thought it would be too cold to hunt but it all worked out and was great.  Again, be sure you visit my Webshots to see lots more.  It was so much fun to be together.  And this year after the kids hunted eggs, the two older ones, Zachary and Ricky, hid them again for the little ones.  They really put some in some good places too!  Good food, family and fun!

04-11-09 dying eggs 05 04-11-09 dying eggs 08

04-11-09 dying eggs 12 04-11-09 dying eggs 14

04-12-09 Easter 25 04-12-09 Easter 31

Soccer

I did mention soccer, right?  Well, yes, we are in the middle now of spring soccer and every game so far has been windy and/or cold.  Yesterday was not as bad really.  Spring soccer always starts this way and fall soccer ends this way.  A few pictures of Zachary playing soccer and Zane playing at soccer.

04-18-09 Soccer 05 04-18-09 Soccer 13 04-18-09 Soccer 02 04-18-09 Soccer 09

Other spring stuff

Time for us to get the tiller out, change the oil in it and the riding lawnmower and get started on the garden and yard.  I am debating how much I want to plant this year.  When I start thinking about not doing a big one it goes something like this:  "I am just going to plant tomatoes and of course I want cantaloupe.  Well, yes, must have blackeyes.   Have to count the jars of green beans and see but I think I need those too.  Oh, and jalapeno.  Gosh, do I want some pumpkins or watermelon?  Hmmmm."  See.  The garden just grows and grows.  So I am sure it will end up the same 40x50 garden.  But I can tell from all the jack rabbits out there now, we will have to fence and fight the critters.  I have also seen a few ground squirrels.  First started seeing those last year.  Now I need to find out how to control those!  Is it worth it?  Yep!!!

Here are a couple of pictures from last year.  My biggest concern is that we will be gone for two weeks in July on vacation.  But my neighbor is great to water for us.  I set up soaker hoses and all she has to do is turn them on.  Bet she would pick too. Or I will get my sister, Molly, to do it.  She would love it too if she has time.

07-29-08 Garden 004 07-29-08 Garden 005

And more photos of spring skies and kids and , hmm, cows!   Please visit Webshots.  I don't know how much my poor blog can handle! 

04-11-09 sunrise 03 04-11-09 sunrise 02

04-16-09 Zane 08 04-16-09 Zane 23

04-16-09 Zane 34                     04-16-09 Zane 32    

 04-16-09 Zane 3504-16-09 Zane 50

Travis and Stephanie came over and we celebrated Travis' birthday with steak and all the trimmings.  Fun!

04-18-09 Travis BD 22 04-18-09 Travis BD 27

I have got to promise to blog more often.  Somebody push me, please! 

Scrapping friends, sharing soon.  Be watching!

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Soccer season and all things spring

Get prepared - this is going to be a long post.  I need to try to stay up on at least a weekly basis.  Remember - check my Webshots for LOTS more photos! I am just going to share a few on this post.  And believe me, I have plenty already from April!

Easter

First we went to the nursing home Dad is in to enjoy a little candy hunting with the boys.  Zane was SOOOOO excited.  They had fun and the residents I know enjoy seeing the little kids. This was on Friday before Easter.

04-10-09 egg hunt 01 04-10-09 egg hunt 03

I think I have mentioned Pioneer Woman just a few times.  She and Bakerella inspired me to try something new with cupcakes and fondant.  Now, I have never used fondant.  IT WAS FUN!!  And it tastes good.  And next time I will put some flavoring in it.  Soon I will try the cake pops.  Here are a couple of picture of the cupcakes - in progress and done. 

And I just have to share some photos of Easter.  It was a good Easter but started out wet and we thought it would be too cold to hunt but it all worked out and was great.  Again, be sure you visit my Webshots to see lots more.  It was so much fun to be together.  And this year after the kids hunted eggs, the two older ones, Zachary and Ricky, hid them again for the little ones.  They really put some in some good places too!  Good food, family and fun!

04-11-09 dying eggs 05 04-11-09 dying eggs 08

04-11-09 dying eggs 12 04-11-09 dying eggs 14

04-12-09 Easter 25 04-12-09 Easter 31

Soccer

I did mention soccer, right?  Well, yes, we are in the middle now of spring soccer and every game so far has been windy and/or cold.  Yesterday was not as bad really.  Spring soccer always starts this way and fall soccer ends this way.  A few pictures of Zachary playing soccer and Zane playing at soccer.

04-18-09 Soccer 05 04-18-09 Soccer 13 04-18-09 Soccer 02 04-18-09 Soccer 09

Other spring stuff

Time for us to get the tiller out, change the oil in it and the riding lawnmower and get started on the garden and yard.  I am debating how much I want to plant this year.  When I start thinking about not doing a big one it goes something like this:  "I am just going to plant tomatoes and of course I want cantaloupe.  Well, yes, must have blackeyes.   Have to count the jars of green beans and see but I think I need those too.  Oh, and jalapeno.  Gosh, do I want some pumpkins or watermelon?  Hmmmm."  See.  The garden just grows and grows.  So I am sure it will end up the same 40x50 garden.  But I can tell from all the jack rabbits out there now, we will have to fence and fight the critters.  I have also seen a few ground squirrels.  First started seeing those last year.  Now I need to find out how to control those!  Is it worth it?  Yep!!!

Here are a couple of pictures from last year.  My biggest concern is that we will be gone for two weeks in July on vacation.  But my neighbor is great to water for us.  I set up soaker hoses and all she has to do is turn them on.  Bet she would pick too. Or I will get my sister, Molly, to do it.  She would love it too if she has time.

07-29-08 Garden 004 07-29-08 Garden 005

And more photos of spring skies and kids and , hmm, cows!   Please visit Webshots.  I don't know how much my poor blog can handle! 

04-11-09 sunrise 03 04-11-09 sunrise 02

04-16-09 Zane 08 04-16-09 Zane 23

04-16-09 Zane 34                     04-16-09 Zane 32    

 04-16-09 Zane 3504-16-09 Zane 50

Travis and Stephanie came over and we celebrated Travis' birthday with steak and all the trimmings.  Fun!

04-18-09 Travis BD 22 04-18-09 Travis BD 27

I have got to promise to blog more often.  Somebody push me, please! 

Scrapping friends, sharing soon.  Be watching!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!