Thursday, April 23, 2009

Nature's gifts and garden preparation

We found a gift.  A dove's nest in the honeysuckle by the back of the garage.  Ross went around the corner to work on something and a bird came swooping out.  He did not pay any attention but I knew that there had to be a nest in that scraggly, barely green vegetation.  Sure enough I went over and there it was!  I thought at first it was a robin's egg. Duhhhhh!!  It is not blue and I know robins eggs are blue. Later I took my camera to catch a photo of that lone egg and found a dove sitting on the nest. 

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 19

I think there was another egg on the ground the other day after our winds.  We do find eggs from time to time and even nests on the ground after a storm.

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 20

Isn't that pretty?  Should have put something near it so you could tell the size.  Not big at all - maybe an inch and a half long.

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 21

Isn't nature fascinating!?

We did get the garden tilled.  Well, we is really Ross and Zane.  I worked on other things and then we worked on seepage lines and the area around the faucet on the side of the house.  The dirt has collected until the faucet is nearly buried.  I think I want a taller faucet.  Another day.

04-23-09 Garden work 05 04-23-09 Garden work 07

Can you tell he is having a good time?

04-23-09 Garden work 10 04-23-09 Garden work 15

The fun part is playing in the fresh soil.  We found a baby frog near the faucet and an earthworm near the seepage line.  Wow!

Later Ross and I went out and bought a new table and chairs for the backyard.  The sale was too good to pass.  Can't wait to be able to enjoy it this spring.  Even if spring feels more like summer right now. 

More later!

1 Click here to comment!:

Lori Ruth said...

Hi there! Love reading your journaling!
You have been tagged Hop to my blog to see.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Nature's gifts and garden preparation

We found a gift.  A dove's nest in the honeysuckle by the back of the garage.  Ross went around the corner to work on something and a bird came swooping out.  He did not pay any attention but I knew that there had to be a nest in that scraggly, barely green vegetation.  Sure enough I went over and there it was!  I thought at first it was a robin's egg. Duhhhhh!!  It is not blue and I know robins eggs are blue. Later I took my camera to catch a photo of that lone egg and found a dove sitting on the nest. 

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 19

I think there was another egg on the ground the other day after our winds.  We do find eggs from time to time and even nests on the ground after a storm.

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 20

Isn't that pretty?  Should have put something near it so you could tell the size.  Not big at all - maybe an inch and a half long.

04-23-09 Dove nest in the honeysuckle 21

Isn't nature fascinating!?

We did get the garden tilled.  Well, we is really Ross and Zane.  I worked on other things and then we worked on seepage lines and the area around the faucet on the side of the house.  The dirt has collected until the faucet is nearly buried.  I think I want a taller faucet.  Another day.

04-23-09 Garden work 05 04-23-09 Garden work 07

Can you tell he is having a good time?

04-23-09 Garden work 10 04-23-09 Garden work 15

The fun part is playing in the fresh soil.  We found a baby frog near the faucet and an earthworm near the seepage line.  Wow!

Later Ross and I went out and bought a new table and chairs for the backyard.  The sale was too good to pass.  Can't wait to be able to enjoy it this spring.  Even if spring feels more like summer right now. 

More later!

1 comments:

Lori Ruth said...

Hi there! Love reading your journaling!
You have been tagged Hop to my blog to see.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!