Saturday, April 4, 2009

Death of a friend

I had a friend die yesterday.  We were close at one time then had a brief time when we lost touch due to some "issues" I do not want to pour over.  We did eventually get back to talking and laughing and beating each other at Wordscraper on Facebook.  She was good at that game, let me tell you!  Had some words I never knew.  And we would laugh over the grammar people used at times.  Pam was very outspoken and had such a wit and dry humor.  I will miss that about her.  And organized.  My, she was organized and her house was always immaculate.  (Mine is NOT!) 

We met over the Internet on a cross stitch site many years ago.  We were never buddy buddy go with each other to do stuff friends.  Just phone calls from time to time and trading emails and comments on Facebook.  But I will miss her. 

Pam was 62 years old and planning on retiring in one month.  She was laughing about turning her two week notice in within a couple of weeks.  And looking so forward to not working and spending more time with her grandkids.  Life can jump up and bite you in the butt.  So make every day count.  Goodbye, Pam.

1 Click here to comment!:

Maria said...

I finished Desert Star last night and could not show it to her. I got out the Sunflower Star piece this morning and it was filed next to a packet of charts Pam sent me, her note still on the envelope. The other project s kitted up there were two PAD designs we were going to stitch together. Isn't it funny how interwoven lives can become even if you are not "run around together" buddies? My heart just aches.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Death of a friend

I had a friend die yesterday.  We were close at one time then had a brief time when we lost touch due to some "issues" I do not want to pour over.  We did eventually get back to talking and laughing and beating each other at Wordscraper on Facebook.  She was good at that game, let me tell you!  Had some words I never knew.  And we would laugh over the grammar people used at times.  Pam was very outspoken and had such a wit and dry humor.  I will miss that about her.  And organized.  My, she was organized and her house was always immaculate.  (Mine is NOT!) 

We met over the Internet on a cross stitch site many years ago.  We were never buddy buddy go with each other to do stuff friends.  Just phone calls from time to time and trading emails and comments on Facebook.  But I will miss her. 

Pam was 62 years old and planning on retiring in one month.  She was laughing about turning her two week notice in within a couple of weeks.  And looking so forward to not working and spending more time with her grandkids.  Life can jump up and bite you in the butt.  So make every day count.  Goodbye, Pam.

1 comments:

Maria said...

I finished Desert Star last night and could not show it to her. I got out the Sunflower Star piece this morning and it was filed next to a packet of charts Pam sent me, her note still on the envelope. The other project s kitted up there were two PAD designs we were going to stitch together. Isn't it funny how interwoven lives can become even if you are not "run around together" buddies? My heart just aches.

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!