Monday, March 30, 2009

Everyone is back home where they belong

Kathleen and Mike got home today much to everyone's relief I think.  Oh, I have enjoyed having the boys.  But it has been quite a ride. Let me tell you about the last week plans and reality. 

We got the boys Wednesday night.  Zachary would be in school Thursday and Friday.  Ross would be back at work Friday and Saturday.  You know the normal kind of laid back week.  Then the snow hit.

Picture of boys playing game on my laptop.DSC07858

Ross was at home Friday and Saturday, Zachary did  not have school Friday.  Zane was sick Monday, the day I was counting on to do MY stuff.  LOL  Sigh.  Best laid plans... 

And then this is what happened to today. 

First, we got up and Zane was running a fever.  I knew then it would mean a trip to the doctor.  Called Mother's Day Out and told them he would not be in. Took Zachary to school.  No problem.  As I left the school I knew I needed to stop and put gas in the car.  My cell phone rings.  Ross saying he forgot to take some paperwork he had to have to continue therapy on his arm. He asked when I was going to the airport but I told him I would just bring the papers after getting gas.  Ran by the house, picked up papers, took them and put them in Ross's car.

As I left I called the doctor, explained Zane's symptoms, they asked if I could get him in soon.  He was in pjs and no shoes but hey, he's a kid.  Took him in.  Got a script for an oral antibiotic on top of the drops for the ear. Decided to go ahead, pjs and no shoes and all, to Target to get the script filled.  On my way, Kathleen called to tell me they were snowed in in Denver due to blizzard conditions.  They were clearing the runway but expected a couple of hours delay.  Wonderful. 

Picked up script and junk, ran to the bank, stopped at Starbuck's - yes, I needed it! - and then returned home.  Gave Zane his meds, stripped bed, watched the computer for updates on the flight.  Fed Zane, he fell asleep sitting by me on the chair.  Poor baby!

Finally they said the plane would be in at 1:20 so I picked up Zane and put him in his car seat in the pickup, still asleep.  Drove to the airport.  Kept checking updates on the website from my iPhone but all it said was "Delayed".  DUH!!!  Suddenly, after waiting foever, it said the plane would be in at 2:25. Well, let me tell you, an iPhone being used so ruthlessly does not hold a charge that long!  So Zane (still asleep) and I zipped up to Wal-mart to get a car charger because of course the inverter I usually use is in the car.  Sigh.  Zane woke at Wal-mart.  We got the charger and zipped back to the airport.  Great timing.  We went in and got to see Kathleen and Mike's plane land.  Hooray! Zane thought that was pretty darn cool too!  He was thrilled to see Mom and Dad.  And Zachary was too.  I think both were homesick.  Well so were Mom and Dad.  Here are a fews pics I took of Zane meeting Mom and Dad. 

IMG_0039 IMG_00402IMG_00412IMG_0042   

We are all safe and back kind of on normal mode now.  Zane and Mike will be home tomorrow (Mike had jury duty but it was cancelled).  Time for rest!

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Everyone is back home where they belong

Kathleen and Mike got home today much to everyone's relief I think.  Oh, I have enjoyed having the boys.  But it has been quite a ride. Let me tell you about the last week plans and reality. 

We got the boys Wednesday night.  Zachary would be in school Thursday and Friday.  Ross would be back at work Friday and Saturday.  You know the normal kind of laid back week.  Then the snow hit.

Picture of boys playing game on my laptop.DSC07858

Ross was at home Friday and Saturday, Zachary did  not have school Friday.  Zane was sick Monday, the day I was counting on to do MY stuff.  LOL  Sigh.  Best laid plans... 

And then this is what happened to today. 

First, we got up and Zane was running a fever.  I knew then it would mean a trip to the doctor.  Called Mother's Day Out and told them he would not be in. Took Zachary to school.  No problem.  As I left the school I knew I needed to stop and put gas in the car.  My cell phone rings.  Ross saying he forgot to take some paperwork he had to have to continue therapy on his arm. He asked when I was going to the airport but I told him I would just bring the papers after getting gas.  Ran by the house, picked up papers, took them and put them in Ross's car.

As I left I called the doctor, explained Zane's symptoms, they asked if I could get him in soon.  He was in pjs and no shoes but hey, he's a kid.  Took him in.  Got a script for an oral antibiotic on top of the drops for the ear. Decided to go ahead, pjs and no shoes and all, to Target to get the script filled.  On my way, Kathleen called to tell me they were snowed in in Denver due to blizzard conditions.  They were clearing the runway but expected a couple of hours delay.  Wonderful. 

Picked up script and junk, ran to the bank, stopped at Starbuck's - yes, I needed it! - and then returned home.  Gave Zane his meds, stripped bed, watched the computer for updates on the flight.  Fed Zane, he fell asleep sitting by me on the chair.  Poor baby!

Finally they said the plane would be in at 1:20 so I picked up Zane and put him in his car seat in the pickup, still asleep.  Drove to the airport.  Kept checking updates on the website from my iPhone but all it said was "Delayed".  DUH!!!  Suddenly, after waiting foever, it said the plane would be in at 2:25. Well, let me tell you, an iPhone being used so ruthlessly does not hold a charge that long!  So Zane (still asleep) and I zipped up to Wal-mart to get a car charger because of course the inverter I usually use is in the car.  Sigh.  Zane woke at Wal-mart.  We got the charger and zipped back to the airport.  Great timing.  We went in and got to see Kathleen and Mike's plane land.  Hooray! Zane thought that was pretty darn cool too!  He was thrilled to see Mom and Dad.  And Zachary was too.  I think both were homesick.  Well so were Mom and Dad.  Here are a fews pics I took of Zane meeting Mom and Dad. 

IMG_0039 IMG_00402IMG_00412IMG_0042   

We are all safe and back kind of on normal mode now.  Zane and Mike will be home tomorrow (Mike had jury duty but it was cancelled).  Time for rest!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!