Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving and other stuff

One more wonderful Thanksgiving done.  The food was great and of course I love having family get together.  Why don't we do it more often?  It was a little different this year.  We set up the food and did a buffet style around the kitchen.  I think next year I will set the table.  More because I miss having that feeling of true Thanksgiving I guess.  Childhood coming back?  Not sure.  Silly probably.  I also did not get too many photos but will share some.

We did all sit at tables and gave thanks for family and our food.  There were only ten of us this year.  Usually we seem to have about 13 or 14 so it was not that big a difference but it just felt like it.  The weather was gorgeous so no fire in the fireplace. Just as well, we usually swelter in the afternoon with it going! 

We got to meet our newest great niece - Bennett.  She is a doll and looks just like my grandmother, Lena, Dad's mother!  WOW!  Uncanny.  Zane showed just a few jealous moments.  But he was fascinated by her too.  GOOD baby.

11-27-08 Bennet & Zane 2 

Zachary did not see, to ever get full.  He ate three helpings!  This is the kid who last year did not like sweet potatoes or turkey.  This year he just kept eating.  He is such a joy.  And of course at the end of the evening we did have our annual pulling the wishbone.  I guess next year he and Zane will need to do that.

11-27-08 Zachary  11-27-08 pulling wishbone 1

Another tradition we just started last year is building a gingerbread house.  This year was a little different.  It was a gingerbread train.  Kathleen and Mike picked it up at Target and boy was it a lot easier than last year's fiasco.  This kit had a little tray to set it up.  And much better icing!!  Zane is really into trains so he kept calling it his train.  Be sure and check out my Webshots.  I have lots of photos there.

11-27-08 Gingerbread train 0311-27-08 Gingerbread train 09  11-27-08 Gingerbread train 1211-27-08 Gingerbread train 15

Other stuff.  Oh, yes, we took the boys to the zoo Wednesday. 

School was out and it was a beautiful day to go and also to feed the ducks and geese.  We had a GREAT time!  We made the decision to go because the zoo added three elk to the exhibits.  They put them in with the buffalo, mule deer, fallow deer, and pronghorn.  The buffalo did not pay any attention to them but that pronghorn stayed well clear.  If the elk came forward he went back.  When they went back, he came forward and watched them like a hawk.  Here are a few pictures:

11-26-08 Feeding ducks 10 11-26-08 Feeding ducks 21 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 03 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 33 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 17 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 34

Remember, lots more photos on my Webshots sight here!

For my scrapbooking friends - I have a freebie for you.  We are getting ready to go skiing at the end of December (if they get snow soon!!) so I decided to make a small skiing kit.  After our trip I may think of things to add to it but for now here it is.  (Or if you have suggestions for elements - please let me know!) I am not that happy with the mittens or hat but felt the kit needed those.  Sorry!  Link is no longer available.  Please check at Scrapdebris soon to purchase this kit for $1. 

SkiSeason beckygtx preview

Wow, this is a long blog today.  Guess that just shows me I need to blog more often. Going to go back to watching the Baylor/Tech game.  Not a pretty site.  Good for Texas, bad for Tech!  But my kids are down there so I keep looking for familiar faces. 

3 Click here to comment!:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 29 Nov [LA 09:31pm] - 30 Nov [NY 12:31am, UK 05:31am, OZ 04:31pm] ).

Another Becky in Texas! said...

Happy Holidays from Grapevine, Texas! Thank you Becky for sharing your goodies! I hope you have a heathly and properous new year.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Jan [LA 09:00pm] - 11 Jan [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Thanksgiving and other stuff

One more wonderful Thanksgiving done.  The food was great and of course I love having family get together.  Why don't we do it more often?  It was a little different this year.  We set up the food and did a buffet style around the kitchen.  I think next year I will set the table.  More because I miss having that feeling of true Thanksgiving I guess.  Childhood coming back?  Not sure.  Silly probably.  I also did not get too many photos but will share some.

We did all sit at tables and gave thanks for family and our food.  There were only ten of us this year.  Usually we seem to have about 13 or 14 so it was not that big a difference but it just felt like it.  The weather was gorgeous so no fire in the fireplace. Just as well, we usually swelter in the afternoon with it going! 

We got to meet our newest great niece - Bennett.  She is a doll and looks just like my grandmother, Lena, Dad's mother!  WOW!  Uncanny.  Zane showed just a few jealous moments.  But he was fascinated by her too.  GOOD baby.

11-27-08 Bennet & Zane 2 

Zachary did not see, to ever get full.  He ate three helpings!  This is the kid who last year did not like sweet potatoes or turkey.  This year he just kept eating.  He is such a joy.  And of course at the end of the evening we did have our annual pulling the wishbone.  I guess next year he and Zane will need to do that.

11-27-08 Zachary  11-27-08 pulling wishbone 1

Another tradition we just started last year is building a gingerbread house.  This year was a little different.  It was a gingerbread train.  Kathleen and Mike picked it up at Target and boy was it a lot easier than last year's fiasco.  This kit had a little tray to set it up.  And much better icing!!  Zane is really into trains so he kept calling it his train.  Be sure and check out my Webshots.  I have lots of photos there.

11-27-08 Gingerbread train 0311-27-08 Gingerbread train 09  11-27-08 Gingerbread train 1211-27-08 Gingerbread train 15

Other stuff.  Oh, yes, we took the boys to the zoo Wednesday. 

School was out and it was a beautiful day to go and also to feed the ducks and geese.  We had a GREAT time!  We made the decision to go because the zoo added three elk to the exhibits.  They put them in with the buffalo, mule deer, fallow deer, and pronghorn.  The buffalo did not pay any attention to them but that pronghorn stayed well clear.  If the elk came forward he went back.  When they went back, he came forward and watched them like a hawk.  Here are a few pictures:

11-26-08 Feeding ducks 10 11-26-08 Feeding ducks 21 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 03 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 33 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 17 11-26-08 Trip to zoo 34

Remember, lots more photos on my Webshots sight here!

For my scrapbooking friends - I have a freebie for you.  We are getting ready to go skiing at the end of December (if they get snow soon!!) so I decided to make a small skiing kit.  After our trip I may think of things to add to it but for now here it is.  (Or if you have suggestions for elements - please let me know!) I am not that happy with the mittens or hat but felt the kit needed those.  Sorry!  Link is no longer available.  Please check at Scrapdebris soon to purchase this kit for $1. 

SkiSeason beckygtx preview

Wow, this is a long blog today.  Guess that just shows me I need to blog more often. Going to go back to watching the Baylor/Tech game.  Not a pretty site.  Good for Texas, bad for Tech!  But my kids are down there so I keep looking for familiar faces. 

3 comments:

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 29 Nov [LA 09:31pm] - 30 Nov [NY 12:31am, UK 05:31am, OZ 04:31pm] ).

Another Becky in Texas! said...

Happy Holidays from Grapevine, Texas! Thank you Becky for sharing your goodies! I hope you have a heathly and properous new year.

Digi Free said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 10 Jan [LA 09:00pm] - 11 Jan [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!