Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Rainy Days and a freebie scrap kit

Well we have had RAIN.  And I mean lots of it.  Our bar ditch (yes, I am from Texas and live in the country) was full and even the end of the drive had a huge puddle.  Just looked at the rain gauge and apparently we had about 3 1/2 inches in the last few days.  It started Sunday evening and continued through last night.  It rained continuously yesterday!  The cool weather came in with the rain.  Brrrr.  But after all, it is October! 
We went to a school program for Zachary yesterday.  The 2nd grade fall program.  Second grade is so big they had to split them into two groups.  Thank goodness we are building two new grade schools to accommodate the growth in this end of the district.  It was announced just a couple of days ago that our kindergarten class was so big that if any more children moved into this school's area, they would be placed in another school unless we had some move out of that area.  Pretty bad huh?  But as I said, two new schools will be ready for next school year to alleviate our overcrowding.  I think we will be seeing a new junior high and/or intermediate school somewhere down the line.
Back to the program.  It is part of the PE program and Zachary's group did a rhythm dance with pretend horns and then two round blocks to knock together.  The other group danced with hula hoops.  So glad I did not have to keep one of those up!  It was really cute though.  This was at 2:45 for the school and anyone who could attend at that time but no seats.  They repeated it at 6:30 that night for PTA and those parents who could not come in the afternoon. 
10-14-08 Zachary school program 007 10-14-08 Zachary school program 014
Quick note on Zane.  That boy LOVES "choochoos" and now everyday I have to pull up YouTube and find videos of trains and he is quite particular on what the trains need to be doing.  He is really in love with Thomas the Train too.  Here are a couple of photos of him in front of my computer.  Here he is watching a beagle dog escaping his pen by climbing up the wire enclosure and over the wall.  He could watch it over and over. 

I have a quick freebie for you created with inspiration from all the rain we have had lately.  But I have a caveat - I am not happy with the umbrellas.  They are not as clean and crisp as I would want.  I am going to try to work on them and when I do I will post them for you here.  OOOPS!  Link is gone.  Please try http://www.scrapdebris.com/ to buy this kit for only $1.00!!!Rainy Days preview copy                    
On a closing note - Has anyone ever pulled their hamstring?  I am calling it my butt/leg muscle and it HURTS!  What do I do to help it heal?  I have not gone to the doctor because I know there is no medicine for it.  Or at least I think I know that.  Oh well, guess I will just continue to baby it.

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Rainy Days and a freebie scrap kit

Well we have had RAIN.  And I mean lots of it.  Our bar ditch (yes, I am from Texas and live in the country) was full and even the end of the drive had a huge puddle.  Just looked at the rain gauge and apparently we had about 3 1/2 inches in the last few days.  It started Sunday evening and continued through last night.  It rained continuously yesterday!  The cool weather came in with the rain.  Brrrr.  But after all, it is October! 
We went to a school program for Zachary yesterday.  The 2nd grade fall program.  Second grade is so big they had to split them into two groups.  Thank goodness we are building two new grade schools to accommodate the growth in this end of the district.  It was announced just a couple of days ago that our kindergarten class was so big that if any more children moved into this school's area, they would be placed in another school unless we had some move out of that area.  Pretty bad huh?  But as I said, two new schools will be ready for next school year to alleviate our overcrowding.  I think we will be seeing a new junior high and/or intermediate school somewhere down the line.
Back to the program.  It is part of the PE program and Zachary's group did a rhythm dance with pretend horns and then two round blocks to knock together.  The other group danced with hula hoops.  So glad I did not have to keep one of those up!  It was really cute though.  This was at 2:45 for the school and anyone who could attend at that time but no seats.  They repeated it at 6:30 that night for PTA and those parents who could not come in the afternoon. 
10-14-08 Zachary school program 007 10-14-08 Zachary school program 014
Quick note on Zane.  That boy LOVES "choochoos" and now everyday I have to pull up YouTube and find videos of trains and he is quite particular on what the trains need to be doing.  He is really in love with Thomas the Train too.  Here are a couple of photos of him in front of my computer.  Here he is watching a beagle dog escaping his pen by climbing up the wire enclosure and over the wall.  He could watch it over and over. 

I have a quick freebie for you created with inspiration from all the rain we have had lately.  But I have a caveat - I am not happy with the umbrellas.  They are not as clean and crisp as I would want.  I am going to try to work on them and when I do I will post them for you here.  OOOPS!  Link is gone.  Please try http://www.scrapdebris.com/ to buy this kit for only $1.00!!!Rainy Days preview copy                    
On a closing note - Has anyone ever pulled their hamstring?  I am calling it my butt/leg muscle and it HURTS!  What do I do to help it heal?  I have not gone to the doctor because I know there is no medicine for it.  Or at least I think I know that.  Oh well, guess I will just continue to baby it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!