Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pirates of the Canyon Balloon Rally is over for another year

This morning's crowning of the rally did not happen however.  Our winds here were just too high to allow for a safe flight.  Molly and I headed down there at about 6:30 and should have left at 5:30!  The cars were backed up forever.  We were almost to the gate and kept saying "boy, not sure they will do this.  Look at those trees blowing."  It was pretty plain it would be a miracle if they could pull this off.  Then we saw a couple of balloon trailer come out and a truck came by us and said "They are not flying!"  Thank you, mister, for letting us know.  Hey, Chris, think of a way to let those on top know when a flight is canceled!  Maybe like schools do - announce on radio stations and the TV.  Big grin. 

 
They did not get to launch last night either but afternoon weather is always a bit iffy.  Oh well, next year for sure!  And you can see my photos up in the slide show and on my Webshots page.  And do go visit Pirates of the Canyon.  They have a gallery there of photos from past years and would love for you to purchase any you might see to help offset the cost of this rally. 

Molly and I really had a great time just driving to the canyon.  We talked about EVERYTHING.  It is so rare we can do that so it was nice!

I finished Zane's Christmas stocking.  Finally!  Yes, I know he will be three in February.  But at least it is done!  I just have to find the material to sew it up into a stocking.  Here is a picture:

                                        10-26-08 Zane stocking finished 3 

Now I am going to go back to stitching Rocky Mountain Christmas and get it done.  I have been working on that piece for YEARS.  It is just so tedious with all the color changes.  I now have it marked off in grids so it is easier to work on. 

Time to get busy.  I have wash to catch up on and Molly has inspired me, at least for this week, to set up a weekly menu.  Lisa gave me some great ideas a few months ago so I am just going to set up a system to try this.  I am putting my week in an Excel document and do the grocery list from that format too.  I just hate meal planning.  Maybe this will help me have better meals and not so - uhhhh - thrown together!

1 Click here to comment!:

Jennwhite said...

Wow, Becky, that's beautiful! I have three stockings started in needlepoint - maybe my kids will get them when they get MARRIED!!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Pirates of the Canyon Balloon Rally is over for another year

This morning's crowning of the rally did not happen however.  Our winds here were just too high to allow for a safe flight.  Molly and I headed down there at about 6:30 and should have left at 5:30!  The cars were backed up forever.  We were almost to the gate and kept saying "boy, not sure they will do this.  Look at those trees blowing."  It was pretty plain it would be a miracle if they could pull this off.  Then we saw a couple of balloon trailer come out and a truck came by us and said "They are not flying!"  Thank you, mister, for letting us know.  Hey, Chris, think of a way to let those on top know when a flight is canceled!  Maybe like schools do - announce on radio stations and the TV.  Big grin. 

 
They did not get to launch last night either but afternoon weather is always a bit iffy.  Oh well, next year for sure!  And you can see my photos up in the slide show and on my Webshots page.  And do go visit Pirates of the Canyon.  They have a gallery there of photos from past years and would love for you to purchase any you might see to help offset the cost of this rally. 

Molly and I really had a great time just driving to the canyon.  We talked about EVERYTHING.  It is so rare we can do that so it was nice!

I finished Zane's Christmas stocking.  Finally!  Yes, I know he will be three in February.  But at least it is done!  I just have to find the material to sew it up into a stocking.  Here is a picture:

                                        10-26-08 Zane stocking finished 3 

Now I am going to go back to stitching Rocky Mountain Christmas and get it done.  I have been working on that piece for YEARS.  It is just so tedious with all the color changes.  I now have it marked off in grids so it is easier to work on. 

Time to get busy.  I have wash to catch up on and Molly has inspired me, at least for this week, to set up a weekly menu.  Lisa gave me some great ideas a few months ago so I am just going to set up a system to try this.  I am putting my week in an Excel document and do the grocery list from that format too.  I just hate meal planning.  Maybe this will help me have better meals and not so - uhhhh - thrown together!

1 comments:

Jennwhite said...

Wow, Becky, that's beautiful! I have three stockings started in needlepoint - maybe my kids will get them when they get MARRIED!!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!