Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's time! Amarillo Invitational Balloon Rally - Pirates of the Canyon!

Yep, it's this next weekend starting Friday. I am ready! I have a new lens for my camera hope to get some good shots. Friday evening is the "glow" starting at about 6:30 or 7. We live so close that yes, I do plan on going. And to the Saturday morning launch from Tradewinds Airport. We are planning on going down to Palo Duro Canyon Sunday morning for the lift off from there. That is an awesome sight and this year I am going to go down in the canyon to get some even better shots. I just hope the weather holds for it. If you have not been to a balloon fiesta, you need to make the effort and go. We went last year to Albuquerque and ours here. Here is the link for the Pirates of the Canyon web page. And here is a video I made of photos I took of last year's rally.


Update on the progress of Zane's stocking. It is going to be done by Christmas! Just a bit more on the bottom then Zane's name. Woohoo! Here is a picture I took a couple of days ago and it is even more complete now. Breathing a sigh of relief! When this is done I am going to finish a couple of projects, such as Rocky Mountain Christmas.


That's it for this evening I guess. I have some photos of the boys from this weekends game but think you have probably seen enough of them for now. I did play with that new zoom lens and got some in your face shots from the distance. Pretty cool. Just wish it was a bit more user friendly. I will be back after the Pirates of the Canyon with loads of pictures I am sure!

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

It's time! Amarillo Invitational Balloon Rally - Pirates of the Canyon!

Yep, it's this next weekend starting Friday. I am ready! I have a new lens for my camera hope to get some good shots. Friday evening is the "glow" starting at about 6:30 or 7. We live so close that yes, I do plan on going. And to the Saturday morning launch from Tradewinds Airport. We are planning on going down to Palo Duro Canyon Sunday morning for the lift off from there. That is an awesome sight and this year I am going to go down in the canyon to get some even better shots. I just hope the weather holds for it. If you have not been to a balloon fiesta, you need to make the effort and go. We went last year to Albuquerque and ours here. Here is the link for the Pirates of the Canyon web page. And here is a video I made of photos I took of last year's rally.


Update on the progress of Zane's stocking. It is going to be done by Christmas! Just a bit more on the bottom then Zane's name. Woohoo! Here is a picture I took a couple of days ago and it is even more complete now. Breathing a sigh of relief! When this is done I am going to finish a couple of projects, such as Rocky Mountain Christmas.


That's it for this evening I guess. I have some photos of the boys from this weekends game but think you have probably seen enough of them for now. I did play with that new zoom lens and got some in your face shots from the distance. Pretty cool. Just wish it was a bit more user friendly. I will be back after the Pirates of the Canyon with loads of pictures I am sure!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!