Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This has been a long week-end!

Boy, this weekend just was one we do not want to repeat. First Mike and Kathleen were involved in a minor fender bender Friday night leaving the football game. The kid behind them in a pickup did not stop soon enough, hit them, and pushed them into the car in front. No ticket for Mike but it did damage both bumpers with cracks. The estimate for that MINOR damage is $1,600!! Unbelievable. But everyone was OK, thank goodness.

Saturday night Zachary went to spend the night with a friend so nice calm evening at home for them huh? Nope, Zane just could not breathe so they gave him some treatments. About 11 or 11:30 p.m. they decided it was just not working so they went to the emergency room where he was admitted with pneumonia and a bronchial infection. They did not say RSV and did not test but...thought it might be.

Sunday Morning I go to Kathleen's house to let out dogs for a bit and gather some stuff for them. Then I go to the hospital and cry seeing that poor baby with tubes. And he wants to go home! Took Kathleen back to her house so we could get things cleared out for the carpet people coming Monday. One of the dogs, Chloe, somehow injured her leg and is limping badly. Sigh. Zachary came home and we got him clothes and all his school stuff ready to go to my house to spend the night. Took him and Kathleen back to the hospital. Left him for Mike to take to soccer practice then drop at our house. As soon as they got to my house we went to the hospital with Ross. (Oh, Chloe is fine - must have just sprained her leg.) Got home and cooked a late meal. Pooped of course! Went to play the DVD in the kids' bedroom and it broke. What else can happen!!

Monday I took Zachary to school then went to the hospital before going to the bank to finalize some financing on the truck. Well, they really wanted and needed to go home to take showers and get the carpet people started so I stayed with Zane. He is feeling good by now and wants to go home. But the hospital did bring in toys and DVD movies - Backyardigans and Mickey Mouse, his favorites - so he is much happier. When Mike and Kathleen got home the carpet people told them that their cat was dead on their porch. Good grief!!!! And to top it off it looked like he was shot. Poor cat! He was old, like 14 or 15. Why? He only went in their yard and next door. How low can people stoop!

Kathleen came back to the hospital and I finished my business. I went home to do a couple of things and meet Travis and Stephanie. They came to town for the Tri-State Fair. Good to see them. It has been awhile! Busy lives for all of us. After they left I needed to go do a couple of things and darned if I did not pull my hamstring getting my shoes on! Do not laugh! It is painful. I am better but gee that hurts. Oh, and they released Zane Monday afternoon. Thank goodness.

Now I have had a nice couple of days. Kathleen took off family sick leave through today and we will have Zane back tomorrow. We cleaned the garage and back room yesterday then Ross mowed. Today we will take the truck to get the tags and a lock put on the tailgate. Who knew they did not come with that! But think about it, why do you need a lock on a pickup bed? Since we put the cover on it, we do! At least the service is free with our warranty; we just had to buy the part.

No new photos to share. But good news on the camera - I should have it back soon. They can fix it and only cost about $100. Had to have a new card slot. Whew! I will be so glad to have it back. Then I will share again.

I need calm please! So I will share a freebie with you. August-Heat-Preview-copyClick on the photo or here to pick it up. And come over to DigiByDesign and do my challenge - Holiday Challenge, Sept. You will get another free kit!

I have a new favorite place. Come check out Scrappers Workshop. They have some awesome tutorials and classes. And the price for the classes are great! You will love Jenn and Stan. Such sweet people.

OK, I'm off to chase Zane for a bit. His mama had a few errands so he is with us.

1 Click here to comment!:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 18 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

This has been a long week-end!

Boy, this weekend just was one we do not want to repeat. First Mike and Kathleen were involved in a minor fender bender Friday night leaving the football game. The kid behind them in a pickup did not stop soon enough, hit them, and pushed them into the car in front. No ticket for Mike but it did damage both bumpers with cracks. The estimate for that MINOR damage is $1,600!! Unbelievable. But everyone was OK, thank goodness.

Saturday night Zachary went to spend the night with a friend so nice calm evening at home for them huh? Nope, Zane just could not breathe so they gave him some treatments. About 11 or 11:30 p.m. they decided it was just not working so they went to the emergency room where he was admitted with pneumonia and a bronchial infection. They did not say RSV and did not test but...thought it might be.

Sunday Morning I go to Kathleen's house to let out dogs for a bit and gather some stuff for them. Then I go to the hospital and cry seeing that poor baby with tubes. And he wants to go home! Took Kathleen back to her house so we could get things cleared out for the carpet people coming Monday. One of the dogs, Chloe, somehow injured her leg and is limping badly. Sigh. Zachary came home and we got him clothes and all his school stuff ready to go to my house to spend the night. Took him and Kathleen back to the hospital. Left him for Mike to take to soccer practice then drop at our house. As soon as they got to my house we went to the hospital with Ross. (Oh, Chloe is fine - must have just sprained her leg.) Got home and cooked a late meal. Pooped of course! Went to play the DVD in the kids' bedroom and it broke. What else can happen!!

Monday I took Zachary to school then went to the hospital before going to the bank to finalize some financing on the truck. Well, they really wanted and needed to go home to take showers and get the carpet people started so I stayed with Zane. He is feeling good by now and wants to go home. But the hospital did bring in toys and DVD movies - Backyardigans and Mickey Mouse, his favorites - so he is much happier. When Mike and Kathleen got home the carpet people told them that their cat was dead on their porch. Good grief!!!! And to top it off it looked like he was shot. Poor cat! He was old, like 14 or 15. Why? He only went in their yard and next door. How low can people stoop!

Kathleen came back to the hospital and I finished my business. I went home to do a couple of things and meet Travis and Stephanie. They came to town for the Tri-State Fair. Good to see them. It has been awhile! Busy lives for all of us. After they left I needed to go do a couple of things and darned if I did not pull my hamstring getting my shoes on! Do not laugh! It is painful. I am better but gee that hurts. Oh, and they released Zane Monday afternoon. Thank goodness.

Now I have had a nice couple of days. Kathleen took off family sick leave through today and we will have Zane back tomorrow. We cleaned the garage and back room yesterday then Ross mowed. Today we will take the truck to get the tags and a lock put on the tailgate. Who knew they did not come with that! But think about it, why do you need a lock on a pickup bed? Since we put the cover on it, we do! At least the service is free with our warranty; we just had to buy the part.

No new photos to share. But good news on the camera - I should have it back soon. They can fix it and only cost about $100. Had to have a new card slot. Whew! I will be so glad to have it back. Then I will share again.

I need calm please! So I will share a freebie with you. August-Heat-Preview-copyClick on the photo or here to pick it up. And come over to DigiByDesign and do my challenge - Holiday Challenge, Sept. You will get another free kit!

I have a new favorite place. Come check out Scrappers Workshop. They have some awesome tutorials and classes. And the price for the classes are great! You will love Jenn and Stan. Such sweet people.

OK, I'm off to chase Zane for a bit. His mama had a few errands so he is with us.

1 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 18 Sep [LA 12:00am, NY 02:00am, UK 07:00am, OZ 05:00pm] ).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!