Friday, September 5, 2008

My daughter told me it had been too long...

Actually what she said was "You have not updated your blog in a long time." She's right. So I am going to share a bit of family stuff.

A couple of really cool photos.  We had a FOGGY morning in August and when we looked we could see all kinds of spider webs in our apricot tree.  The fog was clinging to them and making them look like diamonds on threads!  These pictures do not do them any justice.  And the moisture eventually pulled some of them off the tree.

08-20-08 Spiderwebs 004 08-20-08 Spiderwebs 014

08-20-08 Spiderwebs 010 08-20-08 Spiderwebs 002

I was asked to take some photos at my great niece's wedding a couple of weeks ago. That was so flattering to me. However, I really think it was because I take so many photos at so many events they figured I would probably get a lot of the wedding. I did. 175 to be exact! Plus a relative of the groom took about the same number. She should have lots to choose from! And the other person had an SLR so I am sure her photos were really good!  Here are a few I took.  There are more on the webshots site.

DSC05056 DSC05076

The bride - finishing touches                                                         Dad and bride

DSC05119

All done!                                 

DSC05131  

The bridal attendants

Kathleen, Mike and the boys went to Austin for the Labor Day weekend.  They went to see family, go to the UT game, and go to Schlitterbahn.  They had a great time.  We babysat the dogs.  Here they are in Ross's arms.  Spoiled?  No, not at all!

08-30-08 Ross & dogs 002 08-30-08 Ross & dogs 003

One more important update in my life - we bought a new pickup!  Brand new.  It had about 370 miles on it.  We have been looking at pickups for a couple of years with the knowledge that someday we would need one to pull a travel trailer.  We were still "just looking" but the new ones were on sale cheaper or the same price as the used ones we were looking at.  Debate. Debate.  So we just jumped in.  And really we bought it sight unseen.  We knew what we wanted on one but could not find it.  The salesperson we worked with to buy my car knew we were pretty serious this time so he went in and found just what we wanted.  It has all we asked for but a few minor things.  Wow!!  So here we are with car payments again.  But hey, we can all go on vacation in one vehicle now.  Photos below.  Oh, and this is only the second car we have ever bought brand new.  Ross had said - 39 years ago - that he would never buy a new one again. Never say never. We have ordered the side boards so we can get in easier and a bed cover.  More photos after Tuesday when they are installed.

09-05-08 New Truck 00309-05-08 New Truck 0042 

Well, had to take my camera in to be fixed.  Zane accidentally hit my card reader with the camera card in it.  When I went to put it back in my camera, a small piece broke off in the slot.  I could not even see it but the card would not go in.  And I had these photos on the card.  About panicked until I got home and the card reader in this computer still could read the card.  WHEW!!!  I just hope it is not a problem to fix.  If so, darn, I will be looking at the digital SLRs. Big grin!

I have rattled enough.  Does this make Kathleen happy?  Probably.  And hello to all my loyal readers.  I will have a freebie soon I hope.  But I am so behind in my work for DXD.  Hang tight!

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My daughter told me it had been too long...

Actually what she said was "You have not updated your blog in a long time." She's right. So I am going to share a bit of family stuff.

A couple of really cool photos.  We had a FOGGY morning in August and when we looked we could see all kinds of spider webs in our apricot tree.  The fog was clinging to them and making them look like diamonds on threads!  These pictures do not do them any justice.  And the moisture eventually pulled some of them off the tree.

08-20-08 Spiderwebs 004 08-20-08 Spiderwebs 014

08-20-08 Spiderwebs 010 08-20-08 Spiderwebs 002

I was asked to take some photos at my great niece's wedding a couple of weeks ago. That was so flattering to me. However, I really think it was because I take so many photos at so many events they figured I would probably get a lot of the wedding. I did. 175 to be exact! Plus a relative of the groom took about the same number. She should have lots to choose from! And the other person had an SLR so I am sure her photos were really good!  Here are a few I took.  There are more on the webshots site.

DSC05056 DSC05076

The bride - finishing touches                                                         Dad and bride

DSC05119

All done!                                 

DSC05131  

The bridal attendants

Kathleen, Mike and the boys went to Austin for the Labor Day weekend.  They went to see family, go to the UT game, and go to Schlitterbahn.  They had a great time.  We babysat the dogs.  Here they are in Ross's arms.  Spoiled?  No, not at all!

08-30-08 Ross & dogs 002 08-30-08 Ross & dogs 003

One more important update in my life - we bought a new pickup!  Brand new.  It had about 370 miles on it.  We have been looking at pickups for a couple of years with the knowledge that someday we would need one to pull a travel trailer.  We were still "just looking" but the new ones were on sale cheaper or the same price as the used ones we were looking at.  Debate. Debate.  So we just jumped in.  And really we bought it sight unseen.  We knew what we wanted on one but could not find it.  The salesperson we worked with to buy my car knew we were pretty serious this time so he went in and found just what we wanted.  It has all we asked for but a few minor things.  Wow!!  So here we are with car payments again.  But hey, we can all go on vacation in one vehicle now.  Photos below.  Oh, and this is only the second car we have ever bought brand new.  Ross had said - 39 years ago - that he would never buy a new one again. Never say never. We have ordered the side boards so we can get in easier and a bed cover.  More photos after Tuesday when they are installed.

09-05-08 New Truck 00309-05-08 New Truck 0042 

Well, had to take my camera in to be fixed.  Zane accidentally hit my card reader with the camera card in it.  When I went to put it back in my camera, a small piece broke off in the slot.  I could not even see it but the card would not go in.  And I had these photos on the card.  About panicked until I got home and the card reader in this computer still could read the card.  WHEW!!!  I just hope it is not a problem to fix.  If so, darn, I will be looking at the digital SLRs. Big grin!

I have rattled enough.  Does this make Kathleen happy?  Probably.  And hello to all my loyal readers.  I will have a freebie soon I hope.  But I am so behind in my work for DXD.  Hang tight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!