Saturday, September 27, 2008

Life just keeps flying by

I am just so bad with my blogging.  And I know it!  I have been busy scanning in some old old family pictures of Ross's and then putting names where someone has been kind enough to put the names on the back.  There are names on some that are just so helpful.  Hah!  They say Mr. Guess, Mr. Shivers, Mrs. Hood, Mrs. McNett, Mr. Hood, etc.  Do you know how hard it is to know WHO these people are with just that info??  Sigh.  So lesson learned, make sure you really tell who is in the photo for the next generation.  Someone might be looking through genealogy records and would appreciate a bit more details.  I guess what I would like to see is Rebecca "Becky" --- Daughter of --- ---.  Too much info?  Probably but when I working on the family tree it helps.  Vintage 35

One reason I think this really bothers me is that my maiden name and family are Hood.  And we had relatives in the same area as these pictures were taken.  They could be a relative that I do not have information about!  It would be so cool to know.  I think I will send the photos to another family member and see if they have these names in their tree.  I do know Mrs. Hood was May.  Mr. Hood.  No clue!  But the search continues.

Very few names on this one.

Image010

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anyone else out there do genealogy stuff?  Boy, I get started in my Family Tree Maker and following links to census reports, and birth and death and marriage stuff and it just snowballs.  I can spend HOURS just trying to chase down leads.  And I hate dead ends!  Sometimes I just cannot find the right path.  Guess I should have been a detective.  I would have really been a little bulldog in the hunt!  ROFL!  OK, I seem to be rambling here.

We are going camping this weekend.  I think we will leave Friday after Zachary gets out of school and Kathleen gets home from work.  She is leaving early and Zachary gets out at noon - teacher work time??? or something.  Not going far, just to Palo Duro Canyon.  It is about 18 miles from here.  We at first were going to try to go to the mountains but all the camping areas there are closed by the end of September.  Oh well, this will be a great test of the new truck pulling the camper and all of us going together. 

Next year we are planning a two week vacation to probably California.  We were going to go to Disneyworld but have decided to put that off for a couple of years until Zane is a bit older.  Three might be pushing it.  We do plan on going to the Grand Canyon, the Sequoias, San Diego Zoo, maybe Legoland.  Not sure what else.  Looking at the hype from there and then will make some decisions plus it depends on just where the road leads us and how time gets away. 

Just a couple of photos to share today then off to do laundry and grocery store and a football game and a soccer game.  Always on the go on Saturdays.  Yes, Zachary is playing soccer and football.  Today we have football at 11 and soccer at 2. Tomorrow it will get really interesting.  Football at 2:30 and soccer at 3:15!  Thank goodness the fields are right next to each other.  I was breathing a sigh of "Thank goodness football is over by blah blah blah" when Kathleen informed me that then he will start basketball.  Well, keep 'em busy is good - it does keep them out of trouble, right?

I still do not have my camera back.  I hope it gets in this week because my little standby is not taking very good photos.  Guess I should check the settings or battery or card!  Someone suggested I go buy another camera this week, take it camping, then return it.  Not sure I can do that.  I will just steal Kathleen's for pictures.  She will be glad for me to take pictures.

Zane in his little sandbox at our house.                     Zachary at his first football game.

09-18-08 Zane at play 003 09-20-08 Zachary first football game 004 copy

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Life just keeps flying by

I am just so bad with my blogging.  And I know it!  I have been busy scanning in some old old family pictures of Ross's and then putting names where someone has been kind enough to put the names on the back.  There are names on some that are just so helpful.  Hah!  They say Mr. Guess, Mr. Shivers, Mrs. Hood, Mrs. McNett, Mr. Hood, etc.  Do you know how hard it is to know WHO these people are with just that info??  Sigh.  So lesson learned, make sure you really tell who is in the photo for the next generation.  Someone might be looking through genealogy records and would appreciate a bit more details.  I guess what I would like to see is Rebecca "Becky" --- Daughter of --- ---.  Too much info?  Probably but when I working on the family tree it helps.  Vintage 35

One reason I think this really bothers me is that my maiden name and family are Hood.  And we had relatives in the same area as these pictures were taken.  They could be a relative that I do not have information about!  It would be so cool to know.  I think I will send the photos to another family member and see if they have these names in their tree.  I do know Mrs. Hood was May.  Mr. Hood.  No clue!  But the search continues.

Very few names on this one.

Image010

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anyone else out there do genealogy stuff?  Boy, I get started in my Family Tree Maker and following links to census reports, and birth and death and marriage stuff and it just snowballs.  I can spend HOURS just trying to chase down leads.  And I hate dead ends!  Sometimes I just cannot find the right path.  Guess I should have been a detective.  I would have really been a little bulldog in the hunt!  ROFL!  OK, I seem to be rambling here.

We are going camping this weekend.  I think we will leave Friday after Zachary gets out of school and Kathleen gets home from work.  She is leaving early and Zachary gets out at noon - teacher work time??? or something.  Not going far, just to Palo Duro Canyon.  It is about 18 miles from here.  We at first were going to try to go to the mountains but all the camping areas there are closed by the end of September.  Oh well, this will be a great test of the new truck pulling the camper and all of us going together. 

Next year we are planning a two week vacation to probably California.  We were going to go to Disneyworld but have decided to put that off for a couple of years until Zane is a bit older.  Three might be pushing it.  We do plan on going to the Grand Canyon, the Sequoias, San Diego Zoo, maybe Legoland.  Not sure what else.  Looking at the hype from there and then will make some decisions plus it depends on just where the road leads us and how time gets away. 

Just a couple of photos to share today then off to do laundry and grocery store and a football game and a soccer game.  Always on the go on Saturdays.  Yes, Zachary is playing soccer and football.  Today we have football at 11 and soccer at 2. Tomorrow it will get really interesting.  Football at 2:30 and soccer at 3:15!  Thank goodness the fields are right next to each other.  I was breathing a sigh of "Thank goodness football is over by blah blah blah" when Kathleen informed me that then he will start basketball.  Well, keep 'em busy is good - it does keep them out of trouble, right?

I still do not have my camera back.  I hope it gets in this week because my little standby is not taking very good photos.  Guess I should check the settings or battery or card!  Someone suggested I go buy another camera this week, take it camping, then return it.  Not sure I can do that.  I will just steal Kathleen's for pictures.  She will be glad for me to take pictures.

Zane in his little sandbox at our house.                     Zachary at his first football game.

09-18-08 Zane at play 003 09-20-08 Zachary first football game 004 copy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!