Sunday, August 10, 2008

Any canners out there?

I have been canning green beans and freezing black eyed peas.  Those are WORK!  Green beans are easy to snap and then blanche.  The hard part is the canning (putting them up in jars for those who do not know).  So time consuming and HOT.  Black eyed peas are the pits to shell.  And when you get done, you don't have that many to show for your hard work.  But once black eyes are shelled and blanched, easy peasy to just put in freezer bags and pop in the freezer.  Oh, we bought a sheller a long time ago.  In fact, we have had two.  One broke and we had to hunt the internet to find another.  They can still be bought.  Here is a picture:

 pea_sheller

I have picked two tomatoes, two bell peppers, and have an acorn squash just about ready to be picked.  This is the first time I have raised acorn squash.  It was just a whim.  And the cantaloupe are looking good!!!  Yummmmmm!!!  And here is a picture of the garden a few weeks ago.  It is looking a bit worse now due to NO RAIN!  But it is producing.07-29-08 Garden 003

 

 

 

 

Now on to other life.  We have been so busy!  Besides the garden Zachary has had swim lessons, I have taken the kids to Jump 'n Jive (fun place but wearing on Nana!), cleaning around here, swimming, HOT days just doing, and oh, yes...

We bought the Wii "Rock Band".  That was a hit!  Everyone is having a good time trying to play music or sing.   Here is a scrapbook page I did:

Rockers-copy 

07-29-08 Washing car 010Some random pictures: Washing the car and Zachary vacuuming. 07-29-08 Washing car 002

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Running through the sprinkler.  Zane would rather watch. 07-25-08 Sprinkler jumping 008

 07-25-08 Sprinkler jumping 004 

 

 

 

 

 

And Zane has very little fear in the water.  And the boys had a great time jumping off the steps.

 

08-01-08 Swimming 005

 

08-01-08 Swimming 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have LOTS and LOTS of new photos on my Webshots.  The link is on the sidebar also.  Please check it out. 

Anyone else glued to the TV for the Olympics?  Yep, we are.  I am not good at really following who is doing what but I love watching the competitions.  Most of them anyway.  Go USA!

Fellow scrappers!  Check out Scrap Outside the Box and all that is going on there for the Olympics!  Earn points for particAugust-Heat-Preview-copyipating. 

Also, come to DigiByDesign and join some of the challenges.  Mine especially.  This is what you get for posting a LO at my Holiday Challenge.

I am sure I have lots more I could share and could rattle on but need to go shell the black eyed peas.  Sigh.  That is a chore for sure.

Oh, check out the scrapbook pages in my slide show.  I have new ones in there.  Just keep looking!  LOL

0 Click here to comment!:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Any canners out there?

I have been canning green beans and freezing black eyed peas.  Those are WORK!  Green beans are easy to snap and then blanche.  The hard part is the canning (putting them up in jars for those who do not know).  So time consuming and HOT.  Black eyed peas are the pits to shell.  And when you get done, you don't have that many to show for your hard work.  But once black eyes are shelled and blanched, easy peasy to just put in freezer bags and pop in the freezer.  Oh, we bought a sheller a long time ago.  In fact, we have had two.  One broke and we had to hunt the internet to find another.  They can still be bought.  Here is a picture:

 pea_sheller

I have picked two tomatoes, two bell peppers, and have an acorn squash just about ready to be picked.  This is the first time I have raised acorn squash.  It was just a whim.  And the cantaloupe are looking good!!!  Yummmmmm!!!  And here is a picture of the garden a few weeks ago.  It is looking a bit worse now due to NO RAIN!  But it is producing.07-29-08 Garden 003

 

 

 

 

Now on to other life.  We have been so busy!  Besides the garden Zachary has had swim lessons, I have taken the kids to Jump 'n Jive (fun place but wearing on Nana!), cleaning around here, swimming, HOT days just doing, and oh, yes...

We bought the Wii "Rock Band".  That was a hit!  Everyone is having a good time trying to play music or sing.   Here is a scrapbook page I did:

Rockers-copy 

07-29-08 Washing car 010Some random pictures: Washing the car and Zachary vacuuming. 07-29-08 Washing car 002

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Running through the sprinkler.  Zane would rather watch. 07-25-08 Sprinkler jumping 008

 07-25-08 Sprinkler jumping 004 

 

 

 

 

 

And Zane has very little fear in the water.  And the boys had a great time jumping off the steps.

 

08-01-08 Swimming 005

 

08-01-08 Swimming 008

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I have LOTS and LOTS of new photos on my Webshots.  The link is on the sidebar also.  Please check it out. 

Anyone else glued to the TV for the Olympics?  Yep, we are.  I am not good at really following who is doing what but I love watching the competitions.  Most of them anyway.  Go USA!

Fellow scrappers!  Check out Scrap Outside the Box and all that is going on there for the Olympics!  Earn points for particAugust-Heat-Preview-copyipating. 

Also, come to DigiByDesign and join some of the challenges.  Mine especially.  This is what you get for posting a LO at my Holiday Challenge.

I am sure I have lots more I could share and could rattle on but need to go shell the black eyed peas.  Sigh.  That is a chore for sure.

Oh, check out the scrapbook pages in my slide show.  I have new ones in there.  Just keep looking!  LOL

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!