Sunday, June 1, 2008

Travel Trailer mania!

Well, I have to tell you, we bought a travel trailer. Not anything fancy. A tent trailer or pop-up trailer that is really pretty nice. It even has A/C, heater, shower and a potty!!!!!! The last one we used (borrowed) had none of those things and was small. This one is huge compared to it. It also has an awning that has sides you can zip on to make an outside room. Woohoo! Anyone who camps knows that when it rains this will be a great place to get out of the rain but enjoy space.

We are all so excited as we are planning a trip to the Pecos Wilderness in July to try it out. We talked about a little three day trip in June but not sure where we could go in that short time that would not be hotter than ----. I know, I know - A/C. But it is not fun if it is so hot you have to just sit in the camper. Anyone with good storage ideas or great tip, let me know. We are Googling everyday at this rate. Oh, also, there are some semi-patched holes in a screen. Anyone know of a good way to patch these, I am open to suggestions!

School is out and I will be keeping both Zachary and Zane starting this week. We are in the process of thinking of things we can do to keep a 7 (nearly 8) year old and a 2 1/2 year old happy and not BORED. I know we have the swimming pool and Zachary will be doing indoor football, soccer camp, swimming lessons, Bible school. I plan on doing at least one library trip a week to story time for Zane and Zachary will pick out books to read each week. We will try to read, write, and do some math every week to keep up.

Speaking of school, Zachary finished with straight As, and all Excellants in Conduct. He got an award for being the only one in his class to have all Es all year. I told him that was better than all the As. And I think his average in Spelling was 99. I am just so proud of those accomplishments. His reading was fantastic. He was in the advanced reading class and won an award for some other reading program. Not sure exactly but I think he had to read so many books and take a test on those and get a score of 100 on a certain percentage. (Was that vague enough??? LOL) Anyway, I just hope he continues to thrive in school. Here he is at the awards ceremony. Six achievement awards! Yea, Zachary!

We are going to start the potty training with Zane. He is ready, but is Nana? Not sure. But it needs to happen. When my kids were little, Kathleen was potty trained at 18 months and Travis was two, maybe a bit over. He was was hard to train! Zane is 28 months so I think that is good. I know some people wait even longer. We know for sure they will not go to school untraine, right?

Digital Scrapbooking Friends: I have a freebie for you. I just call it "The Garden". Here is the link and here is the preview. It is pretty simple as I was playing with actions.I will have another freebie probably next weekend.


Now a few plugs. First, I am hosting my last Holiday Challenge at Digi By Design, the June challenge. Come on over here and play and get this kit.
Scraphead has changed owners. Come on over and see what is going on with Michelle and Bridget and all the gang. I know I need to get caught up! EDIT! Scraphead has a daily download starting today! Go HERE - and please join.

And another place that is going places (hmmmm, not a good sentence!) is Scrap Outside the Box. They have a June megakit that is just wonderful. Here is a preview if you have not seen it. Go get it! I won this kit at the Friday night chat! Can you believe it!!!! SOTB is looking really good.
Come join some challenges at your favorite places. Boy, it sure gives you inspiration to SCRAP!

OK, a teaser. I am working on a new kit that has got me rethinking. Here is a preview of sorts. Any suggestions? I love my hammock and that beer bottle! They turned out so good I think. What other elements or papers or do I need to change colors or WHAT? Any help appreciated.
Well, need to go get busy. I cleaned carpets and upholstery and now I need to dust and turn the water off outside.



3 Click here to comment!:

makeyesup said...

I love 'The Garden', it is just so perfect for the season, thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Jul [LA 11:00pm] - 24 Jul [NY 01:00am, UK 06:00am, OZ 04:00pm]).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Travel Trailer mania!

Well, I have to tell you, we bought a travel trailer. Not anything fancy. A tent trailer or pop-up trailer that is really pretty nice. It even has A/C, heater, shower and a potty!!!!!! The last one we used (borrowed) had none of those things and was small. This one is huge compared to it. It also has an awning that has sides you can zip on to make an outside room. Woohoo! Anyone who camps knows that when it rains this will be a great place to get out of the rain but enjoy space.

We are all so excited as we are planning a trip to the Pecos Wilderness in July to try it out. We talked about a little three day trip in June but not sure where we could go in that short time that would not be hotter than ----. I know, I know - A/C. But it is not fun if it is so hot you have to just sit in the camper. Anyone with good storage ideas or great tip, let me know. We are Googling everyday at this rate. Oh, also, there are some semi-patched holes in a screen. Anyone know of a good way to patch these, I am open to suggestions!

School is out and I will be keeping both Zachary and Zane starting this week. We are in the process of thinking of things we can do to keep a 7 (nearly 8) year old and a 2 1/2 year old happy and not BORED. I know we have the swimming pool and Zachary will be doing indoor football, soccer camp, swimming lessons, Bible school. I plan on doing at least one library trip a week to story time for Zane and Zachary will pick out books to read each week. We will try to read, write, and do some math every week to keep up.

Speaking of school, Zachary finished with straight As, and all Excellants in Conduct. He got an award for being the only one in his class to have all Es all year. I told him that was better than all the As. And I think his average in Spelling was 99. I am just so proud of those accomplishments. His reading was fantastic. He was in the advanced reading class and won an award for some other reading program. Not sure exactly but I think he had to read so many books and take a test on those and get a score of 100 on a certain percentage. (Was that vague enough??? LOL) Anyway, I just hope he continues to thrive in school. Here he is at the awards ceremony. Six achievement awards! Yea, Zachary!

We are going to start the potty training with Zane. He is ready, but is Nana? Not sure. But it needs to happen. When my kids were little, Kathleen was potty trained at 18 months and Travis was two, maybe a bit over. He was was hard to train! Zane is 28 months so I think that is good. I know some people wait even longer. We know for sure they will not go to school untraine, right?

Digital Scrapbooking Friends: I have a freebie for you. I just call it "The Garden". Here is the link and here is the preview. It is pretty simple as I was playing with actions.I will have another freebie probably next weekend.


Now a few plugs. First, I am hosting my last Holiday Challenge at Digi By Design, the June challenge. Come on over here and play and get this kit.
Scraphead has changed owners. Come on over and see what is going on with Michelle and Bridget and all the gang. I know I need to get caught up! EDIT! Scraphead has a daily download starting today! Go HERE - and please join.

And another place that is going places (hmmmm, not a good sentence!) is Scrap Outside the Box. They have a June megakit that is just wonderful. Here is a preview if you have not seen it. Go get it! I won this kit at the Friday night chat! Can you believe it!!!! SOTB is looking really good.
Come join some challenges at your favorite places. Boy, it sure gives you inspiration to SCRAP!

OK, a teaser. I am working on a new kit that has got me rethinking. Here is a preview of sorts. Any suggestions? I love my hammock and that beer bottle! They turned out so good I think. What other elements or papers or do I need to change colors or WHAT? Any help appreciated.
Well, need to go get busy. I cleaned carpets and upholstery and now I need to dust and turn the water off outside.



3 comments:

makeyesup said...

I love 'The Garden', it is just so perfect for the season, thanks for sharing.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today.

Maria said...

Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 23 Jul [LA 11:00pm] - 24 Jul [NY 01:00am, UK 06:00am, OZ 04:00pm]).

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!