Wednesday, May 7, 2008

RAIN in the Texas Panhandle - and lots of it!

WOOHOO! We got the downpour last night! And wind of course. But I just checked the rain gauge and it has just under one inch and it is sprinkling now. Did I get the garden tilled yesterday? No. Want to know why? I watered it yesterday morning and it was too wet to plow, as the saying goes, so it will be probably Friday or Saturday before I can do it now. Oh, well. My grandmother always said not to plant until after Mother's Day - I just usually forget that fact.

I am not having a lot of different stuff this year. I am sticking to tomatoes, green beans, black eyed peas, bell peppers, cantaloupe, and ONE zucchini plant. Only one! Usually I don't have any but thought I might have one. The tomatoes are going to be an experience. I am planting two hills in the garden and two in this EarthBox that my brother-in-law sent for Christmas. His tomatoes were fantastic. I am so ready for real tomatoes.

I have a little freebie for you. I gave it away with my challenge for April at DigiByDesign. Now I have a challenge for May. You need to check out the May Challenge. Would love for you to participate. Click on the preview for Garden Sherbert to go to 4shared link.
Before I forget, better get any freebies I have now. I am getting ready to clean out my 4shared and probably share them on Lisa's ScrapDebris blog (for sale!). Also, keep checking. I have another freebie that I have at Scrap Orchard in a contest. I am adding to it. Give me a few days.

OK, enough about scrapbook. I know you need to see my grandsons! LOL So just a few pictures. I need to do some scrapping for Zachary and soccer and Zane and --- just Zane.


















GOAL! And what a goal!







Zane helping the coach and Daddy on the soccer field.








He loves the sandbox!

Enough for now. Back to house stuff. You know how that goes!

1 Click here to comment!:

HSDesigns said...

Oh your garden sounds lovely. It is too hot here in California to grow much in the summer. Your grandkids are DARLING!!!!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

RAIN in the Texas Panhandle - and lots of it!

WOOHOO! We got the downpour last night! And wind of course. But I just checked the rain gauge and it has just under one inch and it is sprinkling now. Did I get the garden tilled yesterday? No. Want to know why? I watered it yesterday morning and it was too wet to plow, as the saying goes, so it will be probably Friday or Saturday before I can do it now. Oh, well. My grandmother always said not to plant until after Mother's Day - I just usually forget that fact.

I am not having a lot of different stuff this year. I am sticking to tomatoes, green beans, black eyed peas, bell peppers, cantaloupe, and ONE zucchini plant. Only one! Usually I don't have any but thought I might have one. The tomatoes are going to be an experience. I am planting two hills in the garden and two in this EarthBox that my brother-in-law sent for Christmas. His tomatoes were fantastic. I am so ready for real tomatoes.

I have a little freebie for you. I gave it away with my challenge for April at DigiByDesign. Now I have a challenge for May. You need to check out the May Challenge. Would love for you to participate. Click on the preview for Garden Sherbert to go to 4shared link.
Before I forget, better get any freebies I have now. I am getting ready to clean out my 4shared and probably share them on Lisa's ScrapDebris blog (for sale!). Also, keep checking. I have another freebie that I have at Scrap Orchard in a contest. I am adding to it. Give me a few days.

OK, enough about scrapbook. I know you need to see my grandsons! LOL So just a few pictures. I need to do some scrapping for Zachary and soccer and Zane and --- just Zane.


















GOAL! And what a goal!







Zane helping the coach and Daddy on the soccer field.








He loves the sandbox!

Enough for now. Back to house stuff. You know how that goes!

1 comments:

HSDesigns said...

Oh your garden sounds lovely. It is too hot here in California to grow much in the summer. Your grandkids are DARLING!!!!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!