Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dad's 80th Birthday Party

We had Dad's 80th birthday party today and it went really well. There was cake and ice cream and drinks. Dad was so happy! There were friends from the good old days of growing up and boy did they get to reminiscing! It was fun to hear those stories. We all sat around laughing and sharing. Here are a couple of pictures but I am putting more on my Webshots album (link on the right column). While you are there, I have also added other pictures and more to my scrapbooking album. Look around!




















I also got some interesting pictures from Zachary. I handed him my little camera and told him I needed him to take pictures of whatever he wanted just to get a different perspective. He had fun I think and I am sure there are some of his shots I will delete. The eyes and ideas of a 7 year old were different. This also kept him busy and not saying "When are we leaving?" You know, that age just does not enjoy being tied down with "old" people. Here are a couple of his.
Sarah, Molly's daughter and my niece, was such a BIG help! She picked Dad up, stayed the whole time, helped us, AND took Dad home with his balloons, cake, nuts, cards, candy... It was just such a nice thing for her to do. She really does not know how much she was appreciated! Thanks, Sarah!
And my sisters! I just love them and we really work together well. Both of them were so wonderful. Molly sent out invitations and got the list together. Cynthia, bless her heart, has had the flu! But she was right there today helping set up the area and being such a good hostess. Wonderful. Could not have pulled this off without all of us. Thank you!!
Zane was so cute! Kathleen told him they were going to a party and he could have cake after lunch. Well, he hit the door wanting cake! And we were waiting until more guests got there before cutting. Boy, thought he was going to take that cake off the table. He did not throw a fit or cry though, just kept saying "I want cake" and got him a fork and knife, ready for the occasion. Oh, one other cute thing. He got my camera off the table, had it to his eye and was saying "Say cheese" to everyone! Oh my!!! Wish I had a picture of that!

Thank you to everyone who sent cards and came. It really made Dad's day. Now since he and Molly share a birthday - this Tuesday, February 26 is the real date - we are going to lunch. Dad and Molly's meal - oysters on the half shell. I know, I can't eat them as I am allergic to shellfish. Not only that, but YUCK! However, we have so much fun doing this each year.

OK, I will quit going on and on. Back later! And before I forget, I have changed the scrapbook pages in the slide show above. So be sure and check those too!

2 Click here to comment!:

jenjenjasp said...

aw,Becky!!! these turned out GREAT! I love that you had him take shots. I think I will try that too next time we have something important like this. It looks like the party turned out great.

Lisa said...

Don't kill me Becky....I tagged you.....LOL

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Dad's 80th Birthday Party

We had Dad's 80th birthday party today and it went really well. There was cake and ice cream and drinks. Dad was so happy! There were friends from the good old days of growing up and boy did they get to reminiscing! It was fun to hear those stories. We all sat around laughing and sharing. Here are a couple of pictures but I am putting more on my Webshots album (link on the right column). While you are there, I have also added other pictures and more to my scrapbooking album. Look around!




















I also got some interesting pictures from Zachary. I handed him my little camera and told him I needed him to take pictures of whatever he wanted just to get a different perspective. He had fun I think and I am sure there are some of his shots I will delete. The eyes and ideas of a 7 year old were different. This also kept him busy and not saying "When are we leaving?" You know, that age just does not enjoy being tied down with "old" people. Here are a couple of his.
Sarah, Molly's daughter and my niece, was such a BIG help! She picked Dad up, stayed the whole time, helped us, AND took Dad home with his balloons, cake, nuts, cards, candy... It was just such a nice thing for her to do. She really does not know how much she was appreciated! Thanks, Sarah!
And my sisters! I just love them and we really work together well. Both of them were so wonderful. Molly sent out invitations and got the list together. Cynthia, bless her heart, has had the flu! But she was right there today helping set up the area and being such a good hostess. Wonderful. Could not have pulled this off without all of us. Thank you!!
Zane was so cute! Kathleen told him they were going to a party and he could have cake after lunch. Well, he hit the door wanting cake! And we were waiting until more guests got there before cutting. Boy, thought he was going to take that cake off the table. He did not throw a fit or cry though, just kept saying "I want cake" and got him a fork and knife, ready for the occasion. Oh, one other cute thing. He got my camera off the table, had it to his eye and was saying "Say cheese" to everyone! Oh my!!! Wish I had a picture of that!

Thank you to everyone who sent cards and came. It really made Dad's day. Now since he and Molly share a birthday - this Tuesday, February 26 is the real date - we are going to lunch. Dad and Molly's meal - oysters on the half shell. I know, I can't eat them as I am allergic to shellfish. Not only that, but YUCK! However, we have so much fun doing this each year.

OK, I will quit going on and on. Back later! And before I forget, I have changed the scrapbook pages in the slide show above. So be sure and check those too!

2 comments:

jenjenjasp said...

aw,Becky!!! these turned out GREAT! I love that you had him take shots. I think I will try that too next time we have something important like this. It looks like the party turned out great.

Lisa said...

Don't kill me Becky....I tagged you.....LOL

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!