Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Belated Happy New Year!


I am so sorry I have not posted before now. And yes, my Webshots is updated. Go view all our Christmas photos! It was a wonderful Christmas. We had Christmas Eve at Deedie and Bruce's (Ross's sister and BIL) as our usual custom. WAY too many presents but having that many kids there just contributes to the STUFF. Beautiful evening.

Christmas Day we were at our house with the new Wii. Talk about some fun. Everyone wanted to try it. I am hoping to buy or rent a couple of new games and see how it works. Right now it is at Kathleen's house. Maybe I should say it is at Mike and Zachary's house as that is who is keeping it hot. Even Dad played golf on the Wii.



New Year's was so VERY quiet this year. We did NOTHING and it was very peaceful. A great way to usher in the New Year.

One of my friends did a great job on her blog about the happenings of the last year. Good and bad. So I am going to follow suit:

After 2006 I think 2007 was somewhat better but we still had some rough spots. We lost Big Mom in May, just less than a year after Mom and eight short months after her last surviving daughter, Molly. She was 98 and would have been 99 in June. She lived a long full life.

In August we lost Ross's sister, Norma, from cancer. She learned she had it in December 2006 and did try chemo and other medications but it was just too strong. It has been hard knowing she is gone even though she lived so far away.












Dad's health has declined and he is now weighing about 156 pounds. The doctors are telling him "EAT!" but nothing tastes good. I just don't know what to do but urge him (nag!) to eat. He has been in the hospital about 3 times since November but seems stronger now. We did have to move him into a nursing home but he was ready. He does not have to cook or clean or even bathe himself. And they take him to and from dialysis which is a big relief to all of us. Next week I am going to take him for an appointment to get his eyes examined. Then maybe he can see that TV!!

And moving Dad to a nursing home meant cleaning out his apartment. Talk about hard!!! I don't know how many times we stopped and looked at old photos. Soon we - Molly, Cynthia, and I - will get together to try to sort through photos from Grandmama, Big Mom, Mom, and Dad. What a chore! I will probably be calling cousins or emailing them photos and saying "HELP!" This will be a chore. But we did finish the apartment. It was so funny. We had over a month to do it in and boy, we took every bit of that month. You would think we would have finished faster. It was hard.

The boys, Zachary and Zane, have been growing and growing. Of course, you see that all the time with my photos. Zachary is an "A" student in First Grade and loves sports. Zane is a typical two year old and BUSY! He is quite clingy to me though and I am trying to get him placed in a Mother's Day Out a couple of days a week for socializing with other children. And Kathleen and Mike, Travis and Stephanie are doing fine. Kathleen and Mike are redoing their bathrooms due to a leak in their shower. The are replacing the tile in the front bathroom with a bigger tile and design and putting a shower in. In their bathroom they will replace the shower with a marble one. I am sure they will be glad when that is done. Travis and Stephanie are still in Borger. Travis is still working for an oil company and Stephanie works at the church two days a week in the nursery and at Champs Academy in the nurser in Fritch. She loves doing that. So, all is well at this time.

Ross and I are fine. We have had horrible upper respiratory crud (like everyone else) but getting better. Ross is looking for retirement in the next couple of years. We are looking for a truck and trailer but the cost of gas is kind of holding us a bit. I went back to work "part time" when my replacement quit last April. We were supposed to have someone trained by August but it just was not happening. So they decided to hire a fourth secretary. The girl I was training took that job and we hired someone for my job that has EXPERIENCE in my position at the other ECI! Yahoo! By the end of January I will be jobless again. I have enjoyed the money but that part time became more full time and between it, Dad, and babysitting I was just overworked. So it will be a good change.
I think I have rattled on a bit too much! Take time to go to webshots (link on the right) and view Christmas photos. Love to all!!

2 Click here to comment!:

Maria said...

It's interesting to take stock of a year isn't it?

I love all your pictures. Your dad playing wii is great!

Beautiful job on your layouts too.

Lisa said...

Becky....just stoppin by to say howdy....that pic of your Daddy playin the Wii is PRICELESS! I love it! Thanks for sharing your life with us all!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Belated Happy New Year!


I am so sorry I have not posted before now. And yes, my Webshots is updated. Go view all our Christmas photos! It was a wonderful Christmas. We had Christmas Eve at Deedie and Bruce's (Ross's sister and BIL) as our usual custom. WAY too many presents but having that many kids there just contributes to the STUFF. Beautiful evening.

Christmas Day we were at our house with the new Wii. Talk about some fun. Everyone wanted to try it. I am hoping to buy or rent a couple of new games and see how it works. Right now it is at Kathleen's house. Maybe I should say it is at Mike and Zachary's house as that is who is keeping it hot. Even Dad played golf on the Wii.



New Year's was so VERY quiet this year. We did NOTHING and it was very peaceful. A great way to usher in the New Year.

One of my friends did a great job on her blog about the happenings of the last year. Good and bad. So I am going to follow suit:

After 2006 I think 2007 was somewhat better but we still had some rough spots. We lost Big Mom in May, just less than a year after Mom and eight short months after her last surviving daughter, Molly. She was 98 and would have been 99 in June. She lived a long full life.

In August we lost Ross's sister, Norma, from cancer. She learned she had it in December 2006 and did try chemo and other medications but it was just too strong. It has been hard knowing she is gone even though she lived so far away.












Dad's health has declined and he is now weighing about 156 pounds. The doctors are telling him "EAT!" but nothing tastes good. I just don't know what to do but urge him (nag!) to eat. He has been in the hospital about 3 times since November but seems stronger now. We did have to move him into a nursing home but he was ready. He does not have to cook or clean or even bathe himself. And they take him to and from dialysis which is a big relief to all of us. Next week I am going to take him for an appointment to get his eyes examined. Then maybe he can see that TV!!

And moving Dad to a nursing home meant cleaning out his apartment. Talk about hard!!! I don't know how many times we stopped and looked at old photos. Soon we - Molly, Cynthia, and I - will get together to try to sort through photos from Grandmama, Big Mom, Mom, and Dad. What a chore! I will probably be calling cousins or emailing them photos and saying "HELP!" This will be a chore. But we did finish the apartment. It was so funny. We had over a month to do it in and boy, we took every bit of that month. You would think we would have finished faster. It was hard.

The boys, Zachary and Zane, have been growing and growing. Of course, you see that all the time with my photos. Zachary is an "A" student in First Grade and loves sports. Zane is a typical two year old and BUSY! He is quite clingy to me though and I am trying to get him placed in a Mother's Day Out a couple of days a week for socializing with other children. And Kathleen and Mike, Travis and Stephanie are doing fine. Kathleen and Mike are redoing their bathrooms due to a leak in their shower. The are replacing the tile in the front bathroom with a bigger tile and design and putting a shower in. In their bathroom they will replace the shower with a marble one. I am sure they will be glad when that is done. Travis and Stephanie are still in Borger. Travis is still working for an oil company and Stephanie works at the church two days a week in the nursery and at Champs Academy in the nurser in Fritch. She loves doing that. So, all is well at this time.

Ross and I are fine. We have had horrible upper respiratory crud (like everyone else) but getting better. Ross is looking for retirement in the next couple of years. We are looking for a truck and trailer but the cost of gas is kind of holding us a bit. I went back to work "part time" when my replacement quit last April. We were supposed to have someone trained by August but it just was not happening. So they decided to hire a fourth secretary. The girl I was training took that job and we hired someone for my job that has EXPERIENCE in my position at the other ECI! Yahoo! By the end of January I will be jobless again. I have enjoyed the money but that part time became more full time and between it, Dad, and babysitting I was just overworked. So it will be a good change.
I think I have rattled on a bit too much! Take time to go to webshots (link on the right) and view Christmas photos. Love to all!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

It's interesting to take stock of a year isn't it?

I love all your pictures. Your dad playing wii is great!

Beautiful job on your layouts too.

Lisa said...

Becky....just stoppin by to say howdy....that pic of your Daddy playin the Wii is PRICELESS! I love it! Thanks for sharing your life with us all!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!