Friday, November 23, 2007

As promised...

Well Thanksgiving was wonderful. We had ten of us for dinner and two more for the company. All of our kids: Kathleen and Mike and Travis and Stephanie; our grandsons, Zachary and Zane; my Dad; my sister, Cynthia and her son, Heath, and grandson, Kaiden. The day was cool but sunny. There were certainly very few leftovers! I did have an extra pumpkin pie so I took that to Dad's dialysis center for the girls to share today.

The only problem was - I forgot to bake the rolls! Can you believe it! I did not make them fresh this year but bought the frozen Texas rolls. Yesterday morning I told myself to get them out and let them thaw. Did I?? Heavens no. As we were getting ready to eat my daughter said "Mom, do you have rolls?" Oh... my... gosh...!!!!! Oh well, the meal was fine without them.

After the dinner, Cynthia took Dad home and we got Zane down for a nap. Zachary and I have a tradition of pulling the wishbone after Thanksgiving so here we go. Let me tell you that wishbone did not want to break! We pulled and twisted and turned. FINALLY it broke. Of course, who got the big side??? Not Nana. But I was a very good loser. Kathleen and Zachary brought a Gingerbread House that Zachary had received from his aunt and uncle the year before so we could build it. Want to talk about a DISASTER!! Not really but I think we learned a lot from this experience. We laughed and it was definitely a family project. We have decided that next year we are buying several and having a contest putting them together. My sister Molly has done these before but since she was not here we did not have her expertise. So, here are a few photos of us and the "house".













One more thing. Then I will quit. Today I went to my sister Cynthia's to take her some leftover chocolate pie. She and Kaiden had a surprise for Zachary, Zane, and I. A gingerbread house!! I laughed and told her about yesterday. I think the boys and I will try to do this next weekend when I have them for the evening. But next year.....
(More pictures on My Webshots - link in the sidebar.)

1 Click here to comment!:

Pam said...

I'm laughing myself silly here girl. This is the exact kind of luck I had doing one of these with the kids years ago--but they didn't care that it wasn't perfect. They just had fun doing it with me and I know that's the same way your family feels. I can't wait to see the challenge next year!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

As promised...

Well Thanksgiving was wonderful. We had ten of us for dinner and two more for the company. All of our kids: Kathleen and Mike and Travis and Stephanie; our grandsons, Zachary and Zane; my Dad; my sister, Cynthia and her son, Heath, and grandson, Kaiden. The day was cool but sunny. There were certainly very few leftovers! I did have an extra pumpkin pie so I took that to Dad's dialysis center for the girls to share today.

The only problem was - I forgot to bake the rolls! Can you believe it! I did not make them fresh this year but bought the frozen Texas rolls. Yesterday morning I told myself to get them out and let them thaw. Did I?? Heavens no. As we were getting ready to eat my daughter said "Mom, do you have rolls?" Oh... my... gosh...!!!!! Oh well, the meal was fine without them.

After the dinner, Cynthia took Dad home and we got Zane down for a nap. Zachary and I have a tradition of pulling the wishbone after Thanksgiving so here we go. Let me tell you that wishbone did not want to break! We pulled and twisted and turned. FINALLY it broke. Of course, who got the big side??? Not Nana. But I was a very good loser. Kathleen and Zachary brought a Gingerbread House that Zachary had received from his aunt and uncle the year before so we could build it. Want to talk about a DISASTER!! Not really but I think we learned a lot from this experience. We laughed and it was definitely a family project. We have decided that next year we are buying several and having a contest putting them together. My sister Molly has done these before but since she was not here we did not have her expertise. So, here are a few photos of us and the "house".













One more thing. Then I will quit. Today I went to my sister Cynthia's to take her some leftover chocolate pie. She and Kaiden had a surprise for Zachary, Zane, and I. A gingerbread house!! I laughed and told her about yesterday. I think the boys and I will try to do this next weekend when I have them for the evening. But next year.....
(More pictures on My Webshots - link in the sidebar.)

1 comments:

Pam said...

I'm laughing myself silly here girl. This is the exact kind of luck I had doing one of these with the kids years ago--but they didn't care that it wasn't perfect. They just had fun doing it with me and I know that's the same way your family feels. I can't wait to see the challenge next year!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!