Friday, October 5, 2007

OK, a bit of a slow down here. WHEW!

After getting Daddy into the hospital, he was there a week. Then he has been released to a rehab/nursing home. I think we are going to pursue either that home or one other. There are only two here that take dialysis patients. Isn't that just too ridiculous! Anyway, the one he is at seems good but need to really grill Dad on his needs and wants. I think he is just going to say OK because he thinks it helps us. It does - but at what cost to him. Anyway, more later on that.

This weekend was great! I met a cousin on my Dad's side. Now, that may not sound so fantastic but you have to know that I do not know ANY of my Dad's family. His father and mother divorced when Dad was a teenager (another woman! SHOCK) and Dad was bitter. I know he did see his grandparents a time or two but I don't know what happened that he did not stay close. Anyway, this cousin is the great-greatgranddaughter of Isaac Newton Hood who was the brother to my great-greatgrandfather Aaron Hood. Isn't that cool!? We met through the genealogy stuff on the internet. But the crazy part is that she used to live here and even was looking for family way back as a teen. Dad says he thinks she called him one time but he did not have any information to share. Oh, you can go listen to her on KVET radio out of Austin, Texas. Her name is Janice Williams. Click on her name to see her page there. Hi, Janice! Send that photo you took so I can share!! Hoping to attend a family reunion with her sometime and meet more of these relatives!

Ross is on vacation starting this week and does not go back to work until Oct. 19. We are going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Just overnight. The rooms are just exhorbatant and we had to book back in April and we were darn near too late then. Got lucky and our hotel is new and has an indoor pool and breakfast and is just about two miles from the launch site. We were told we should walk but not sure that 7 year old Zachary can walk that far. Of course, we have the stroller for Zane. I will have lots of pictures I am sure!

Football and soccer are going well for Zachary. He is just so much better this year! And last Sunday he got to play "hiker". The other center was out that day and Zachary earned the job. Did great too. Took the position quite seriously.










That is his little butt in the air and the football he just hiked.

Now, for you fellow scrappers, here is a template if you are interested. I made it from a two page layout I made of our trip to Wildcat Bluff this summer. It is in the slide show above. Here is a preview:
The link is here.

OK, off to get packed! I will be back with photos of the balloons.

2 Click here to comment!:

Shell said...

Thanks so much!

Jennwhite said...

Thanks Becky, these are wonderful, so useful!! Glad Dad is doing ok, take lots of pics this weekend!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

OK, a bit of a slow down here. WHEW!

After getting Daddy into the hospital, he was there a week. Then he has been released to a rehab/nursing home. I think we are going to pursue either that home or one other. There are only two here that take dialysis patients. Isn't that just too ridiculous! Anyway, the one he is at seems good but need to really grill Dad on his needs and wants. I think he is just going to say OK because he thinks it helps us. It does - but at what cost to him. Anyway, more later on that.


This weekend was great! I met a cousin on my Dad's side. Now, that may not sound so fantastic but you have to know that I do not know ANY of my Dad's family. His father and mother divorced when Dad was a teenager (another woman! SHOCK) and Dad was bitter. I know he did see his grandparents a time or two but I don't know what happened that he did not stay close. Anyway, this cousin is the great-greatgranddaughter of Isaac Newton Hood who was the brother to my great-greatgrandfather Aaron Hood. Isn't that cool!? We met through the genealogy stuff on the internet. But the crazy part is that she used to live here and even was looking for family way back as a teen. Dad says he thinks she called him one time but he did not have any information to share. Oh, you can go listen to her on KVET radio out of Austin, Texas. Her name is Janice Williams. Click on her name to see her page there. Hi, Janice! Send that photo you took so I can share!! Hoping to attend a family reunion with her sometime and meet more of these relatives!

Ross is on vacation starting this week and does not go back to work until Oct. 19. We are going to the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta this weekend. Just overnight. The rooms are just exhorbatant and we had to book back in April and we were darn near too late then. Got lucky and our hotel is new and has an indoor pool and breakfast and is just about two miles from the launch site. We were told we should walk but not sure that 7 year old Zachary can walk that far. Of course, we have the stroller for Zane. I will have lots of pictures I am sure!

Football and soccer are going well for Zachary. He is just so much better this year! And last Sunday he got to play "hiker". The other center was out that day and Zachary earned the job. Did great too. Took the position quite seriously.










That is his little butt in the air and the football he just hiked.

Now, for you fellow scrappers, here is a template if you are interested. I made it from a two page layout I made of our trip to Wildcat Bluff this summer. It is in the slide show above. Here is a preview:
The link is here.

OK, off to get packed! I will be back with photos of the balloons.

2 comments:

Shell said...

Thanks so much!

Jennwhite said...

Thanks Becky, these are wonderful, so useful!! Glad Dad is doing ok, take lots of pics this weekend!

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!