Sunday, October 28, 2007

Amarillo Balloon Rally - Pirates of the Canyon

Yes, Amarillo's Pirates of the Canyon (website here) went off with only one minor weather interrupt. Friday evening, Oct. 26, 2007, the balloon glow was a hit. I have a picture of cars EVERYWHERE trying to get to see the spectacular show. It was fantastic. This is the second year and you can tell that the popularity is growing!! I have created a slide show below of some of the pictures. I will add more to my webshots sometime today I hope.

Then Saturday morning the winds did not cooperate so the race - "Capture the Pearl" - did not get to happen. I am sure it was a disappointment for the pilots and crew. It certainly was for those of us who were there before 7 a.m. to see them launch. But, so goes the weather. We cannot control that. However, Saturday afternoon was beautiful. And we had a great launch of balloons. I am not sure how many went off but somewhere about 18. The Amarillo National Balloon and one other I think (Sir Robert of Orange maybe?) gave tether rides to the public. Wish I had stayed in line to do that but opted not to! And the crowds gathered to watch - Oh My Gosh!! It was so good to see Amarillo show up for this.

Sunday morning dawned cold and clear and NO wind! So off to Palo Duro Canyon I went to see if I could capture some of the balloons coming out of the canyon. I did not go down into the canyon as I wanted to see them top the ridge. I think next year I will go down and find a perch somewhere to view them again the beautiful backdrop of Palo Duro. Anyway, here are some photos. Thank you Amarillo Balloon Association and Amarillo College Foundation for a great
event!


3 Click here to comment!:

Maria said...

Awesome pictures Becky. I am glad you emailed me!!

cuf said...

Hi Becky everything well?, did I find you in the site of the janniscrap and did I see that it got to lower his/her kit circus, I don't understand for I didn't get, why did always lower in his/her site, more now he/she is asking for password, and worse than I adored the kit and does it come in handy a lot because my son made birthday with theme circus, then it will be great to do assemblies of the pictures with his/her kit, if you can help me taught me as I do to lower or happening the kit, more he can leave that I don't remove the credits no.
kisses and my email is gabysrf@hotmail.com

Carole N. said...

Becky, I didn't realize that Amarillo had a balloon festival. It would be so much fun to attend. We have been to "Texas" and the dinner in Palo Duro Canyon and loved it.

Living in such a small town as Hugoton anything is a treat for us. LOL

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Amarillo Balloon Rally - Pirates of the Canyon

Yes, Amarillo's Pirates of the Canyon (website here) went off with only one minor weather interrupt. Friday evening, Oct. 26, 2007, the balloon glow was a hit. I have a picture of cars EVERYWHERE trying to get to see the spectacular show. It was fantastic. This is the second year and you can tell that the popularity is growing!! I have created a slide show below of some of the pictures. I will add more to my webshots sometime today I hope.

Then Saturday morning the winds did not cooperate so the race - "Capture the Pearl" - did not get to happen. I am sure it was a disappointment for the pilots and crew. It certainly was for those of us who were there before 7 a.m. to see them launch. But, so goes the weather. We cannot control that. However, Saturday afternoon was beautiful. And we had a great launch of balloons. I am not sure how many went off but somewhere about 18. The Amarillo National Balloon and one other I think (Sir Robert of Orange maybe?) gave tether rides to the public. Wish I had stayed in line to do that but opted not to! And the crowds gathered to watch - Oh My Gosh!! It was so good to see Amarillo show up for this.

Sunday morning dawned cold and clear and NO wind! So off to Palo Duro Canyon I went to see if I could capture some of the balloons coming out of the canyon. I did not go down into the canyon as I wanted to see them top the ridge. I think next year I will go down and find a perch somewhere to view them again the beautiful backdrop of Palo Duro. Anyway, here are some photos. Thank you Amarillo Balloon Association and Amarillo College Foundation for a great
event!


3 comments:

Maria said...

Awesome pictures Becky. I am glad you emailed me!!

cuf said...

Hi Becky everything well?, did I find you in the site of the janniscrap and did I see that it got to lower his/her kit circus, I don't understand for I didn't get, why did always lower in his/her site, more now he/she is asking for password, and worse than I adored the kit and does it come in handy a lot because my son made birthday with theme circus, then it will be great to do assemblies of the pictures with his/her kit, if you can help me taught me as I do to lower or happening the kit, more he can leave that I don't remove the credits no.
kisses and my email is gabysrf@hotmail.com

Carole N. said...

Becky, I didn't realize that Amarillo had a balloon festival. It would be so much fun to attend. We have been to "Texas" and the dinner in Palo Duro Canyon and loved it.

Living in such a small town as Hugoton anything is a treat for us. LOL

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!