Saturday, September 22, 2007

What a way to start the weekend!

Well, it was one of those weekends. First, we put Dad back in the hospital Friday afternoon. He called me saying he just could not breathe and his chest and back hurt. So, my sister, Cynthia, picked him up and took him to the emergency room. Now tell me, is a person is having chest pains, don't you think they would immediately get in touch with his cardiologist and his nephrologist (he is a dialysys patient)? NOOOOOOOOPE! Instead we were in triage forever then in the hall waiting a room then in a room waiting a decision for a total of nine (9!!!!) hours. It was not just us - it was the whole emergency room. Apparently this was the day for the whole town to be ill. Some people got up and left - can't blame them! I just don't understand though when you have chest pains keeping you waiting. They have this sign in the hall tell you how QUICKLY you will be seen if you have chest pains. Hah! I am writing the hospital.

Anyway, Dad was admitted to MICU (Medical ICU) because his heart rate is so irregular and high. He is doing fine but retaining more liquid than he should. Of course, Dad thinks it's ok to ignore the doctor and drink anything he wants. Oh, well, what do you tell someone encroaching 80 years old. So we are just taking one day at a time. And my other sister, Molly, is sick sick. She could not be at the hospital or see dad as she has a viral upper respiratory infection. And poor thing - she is flying to New York tomorrow. I hope she gets well fast for her trip!
Today was a BUSY sporting day for Zachary too. He had a Soccer game at 11:30 then across town to a football game at 1:00. He played fantastically in both. Scored seven goals in soccer and a touchdown in football. And this was his very first football game. It was just so much fun. I have uploaded a video montage I took today. Tomorrow he has another soccer and football game and I am going to play a bit more with my camera and the video. Anyway, here are the football clips.



Here are a couple of soccer photos and one of Zane just sitting in the chair. The other is Mike with Zane and his brother, Mark, with Reagan. They were just walking across and chatting.




1 Click here to comment!:

Ich bin die Manu said...

Hallo Becky,

my english ist very bad, i`m so sorry!

Ich have now a tutorial stampframe in english at my blog.

I hope, you can with at work

Bye Manu :-)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

What a way to start the weekend!

Well, it was one of those weekends. First, we put Dad back in the hospital Friday afternoon. He called me saying he just could not breathe and his chest and back hurt. So, my sister, Cynthia, picked him up and took him to the emergency room. Now tell me, is a person is having chest pains, don't you think they would immediately get in touch with his cardiologist and his nephrologist (he is a dialysys patient)? NOOOOOOOOPE! Instead we were in triage forever then in the hall waiting a room then in a room waiting a decision for a total of nine (9!!!!) hours. It was not just us - it was the whole emergency room. Apparently this was the day for the whole town to be ill. Some people got up and left - can't blame them! I just don't understand though when you have chest pains keeping you waiting. They have this sign in the hall tell you how QUICKLY you will be seen if you have chest pains. Hah! I am writing the hospital.

Anyway, Dad was admitted to MICU (Medical ICU) because his heart rate is so irregular and high. He is doing fine but retaining more liquid than he should. Of course, Dad thinks it's ok to ignore the doctor and drink anything he wants. Oh, well, what do you tell someone encroaching 80 years old. So we are just taking one day at a time. And my other sister, Molly, is sick sick. She could not be at the hospital or see dad as she has a viral upper respiratory infection. And poor thing - she is flying to New York tomorrow. I hope she gets well fast for her trip!
Today was a BUSY sporting day for Zachary too. He had a Soccer game at 11:30 then across town to a football game at 1:00. He played fantastically in both. Scored seven goals in soccer and a touchdown in football. And this was his very first football game. It was just so much fun. I have uploaded a video montage I took today. Tomorrow he has another soccer and football game and I am going to play a bit more with my camera and the video. Anyway, here are the football clips.



Here are a couple of soccer photos and one of Zane just sitting in the chair. The other is Mike with Zane and his brother, Mark, with Reagan. They were just walking across and chatting.




1 comments:

Ich bin die Manu said...

Hallo Becky,

my english ist very bad, i`m so sorry!

Ich have now a tutorial stampframe in english at my blog.

I hope, you can with at work

Bye Manu :-)

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! They are so much fun to read!